• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter Thread

H2O

Jealous... How fat are they? I fell in love with rainbow trout as a kid when we lived in Sun Valley, ID. Plucked them out of the river while camping.

Mixed sizes between 12-15". One big one just under 18". We pan fried 4 last night in butter and olive oil. Delicious. I'm going to put the rest in the smoker. Smoked trout on crackers with dill cream cheese is one of my favorite snacks. Especially with cold beer.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mixed sizes between 12-15". One big one just under 18". We pan fried 4 last night in butter and olive oil. Delicious. I'm going to put the rest in the smoker. Smoked trout on crackers with dill cream cheese is one of my favorite snacks. Especially with cold beer.

Do it the southern way...rolled in corn meal and pan fried. Oh yeah!

Coaching my son and daughter's baseball team and our first game/practice is Thursday evening.  Blech.  

Thursday

Cloudy. Rain likely with areas of drizzle in the morning...then a chance of rain with areas of drizzle in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 40s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

April seems to be shaping up to be warmer than the previous two Aprils. At least it feels like it. Last year we were wearing heavy jackets and coats for my sons baseball practice while this year it has been pretty comfortable so far. The medium to long range looks more warm to mild. Are we breaking the cold cycle? It feels like it at least.

April seems to be shaping up to be warmer than the previous two Aprils. At least it feels like it. Last year we were wearing heavy jackets and coats for my sons baseball practice while this year it has been pretty comfortable so far. The medium to long range looks more warm to mild. Are we breaking the cold cycle? It feels like it at least.

First half of April last year was solid AN. Only a couple of below normal days (2 @ DCA and 3 @ BWI). Second half was solid BN. Oddly, ens are pointing towards a trough in the east returning after mid month.

False hope of what, exactly?

Well, if you get your coldest and snowiest year on record in 2015, it kind of makes the alarmists look bad, or good depending on how you view the situation. A very small minority understand that extremes in general are a product of climate change.

Yes, that post was for you. You keep implying that the cold February was not in any related to AGW, or that the West Coast Ridge was just natural variability. I can't accept this for some reason, which is why we keep clashing on these topics.

If everyone held such a view, we would be doomed to a business as usual pathway, or at least halfway there. 

Well, if you get your coldest and snowiest year on record in 2015, it kind of makes the alarmists look bad, or good depending on how you view the situation. A very small minority understand that extremes in general are a product of climate change.

Yes, that post was for you. You keep implying that the cold February was not in any related to AGW, or that the West Coast Ridge was just natural variability. I can't accept this for some reason, which is why we keep clashing on these topics.

If everyone held such a view, we would be doomed to a business as usual pathway, or at least halfway there. 

The whole "drunk Arctic" hypothesis which supposedly links a warmer Arctic to a more volatile jet stream is far from certain. It may or may not be true but it certainly shouldn't be stated as a fact.

Also, not every single anomalous weather event is a result of global warming. 

You should probably take this to the CC-forum. I'm not going to waste my time refuting this garbage in the MA banter thread.

Well, all of the above would be linked to persistent weather patterns BobC. I mean you could get something like the Colorado floods which was driven by intensity instead of temporal span. It's challenging to differentiate on a region-by-region basis which events are primarily AGW driven.

Stuff like SST being 80 degrees at 40N in December is obviously AGW related tho. Hence we know it's happening due to the growing amount of OHC build up in the thermal budget.

SOC, it's not refutable, the stack of peer-reviewed literature supporting my argument grows each day.

Well, all of the above would be linked to persistent weather patterns BobC. I mean you could get something like the Colorado floods which was driven by intensity instead of temporal span. It's challenging to differentiate on a region-by-region basis which events are primarily AGW driven.

Stuff like SST being 80 degrees at 40N in December is obviously AGW related tho. Hence we know it's happening due to the growing amount of OHC build up in the thermal budget.

SOC, it's not refutable, the stack of peer-reviewed literature supporting my argument grows each day.

Take your AGW agenda somewhere the f**k else.  My banter threads are supposed to be fun and free of one persons's nonsensical ranting about stuff.

This is how things go with Earth's climate:

The dinosaurs farted themselves to extinction

The ice age came and Boston really cashed in

Now we are warming due to too many NASCAR races

End of f**king story

Archived