SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Driving south through North Carolina, finally found spring, nice to see leaves on trees and green grass.

Sent from my iPhone

Jealous.  I won't be in SC until Labor Day.  But Hilton Head at that time of year - while pretty hot - is awesome.  I can pick between the semi-private or public beaches, fish on my kayak nearly non-stop, eat more than I should, and drink until I nearly pass out.  Awesome.

Have fun!

anyone think we're past our last frost yet in DC? I'd like to plant some veggies and can't wait to get my seedlings in the ground.

Probably not. I wouldn't plant to early even if we don't get another frost. Cool, damp April weather tends to rot the roots and stems of most veggie plants. I'd wait until at least May 7th. I usually plant around May 15th.

Jealous. I won't be in SC until Labor Day. But Hilton Head at that time of year - while pretty hot - is awesome. I can pick between the semi-private or public beaches, fish on my kayak nearly non-stop, eat more than I should, and drink until I nearly pass out. Awesome.

Have fun!

It's glorious down here. Found a boat for rent on air bnb and will be sleeping bobbing in the water for three nights. Even tomorrow's 73 and rain is gong to feel great. Doing folly beach on Sunday. My first time in charleston. I am already in love with it. Walked around downtown tonight. So much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heh, now just a 20% chance of rain and 72. Charleston is magical.

Sent from my iPhone

Charleston is great until the humidity kicks in. I remembers mornings last summer when I was down there that were obnoxious. The food scene down there is good. S.N.O.B is a good dinner spot and lost dog cafe on Foley beach will do you good for breakfast.

Archived