joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Discussion for April

Quincy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The records for snow and cold from Jan - March are probably something none of us see again, I mean ORH destroyed their temp and snow records cumulative Jan - March dating back to the 1800's when Jerry was born.

Cold, yes.  Snowfall - 2015 barely cracks the top 20 for JFM in Farmington.  (And given their 123-yr record, top 20 is pretty decent, just not what some SNE and Downeast Maine locations have seen.)

May turn into a southern slider..we'll see. lot sod cold and strong HP nosing, pushing, oozing

Lucy pulls the ball away once again?

I dunno I would want this as much as possible, I mean at least he has use for it

http://surfskiweather.us/march-out-like-a-lamb-3-31-15/

lol, TK called it 5 inches...he knew I had 4" at the stake.  Him and Blizz would get along nicely ;)  He's a real fun guy, as I'm sure Kev is...just gets excited at times.

I will always ski powder (thus powderfreak) but I would get just as much satisfaction out of a 3-4" snowfall as I would out of a sunny 60 degree day.  I'm past the point of being disappointed by mild weather, and in fact am craving a few of those days.

lol, TK called it 5 inches...he knew I had 4" at the stake.  Him and Blizz would get along nicely ;)  He's a real fun guy, as I'm sure Kev is...just gets excited at times.

I will always ski powder (thus powderfreak) but I would get just as much satisfaction out of a 3-4" snowfall as I would out of a sunny 60 degree day.  I'm past the point of being disappointed by mild weather, and in fact am craving a few of those days.

get ready for meat and potatoes galore, heavy heavy legs

Mud season takes on a whole new meaning when one owns a dog.

I would not know. There is no real "mud" season around here as you well know. Squishy ground but that's about it. I walked on my front yard this afternoon. It ok to rake it. If I get no snows by Monday, I'll probably take the leaf blower out and go to town.

I approved of that 18z GFS run.  Nice to see a shift south again after all globals trended north at 12z. 

Need to get this to 48-72 hours though.  Could still go pretty far south...or end up a big wrapped up cutter over Montreal.

I'm starting to get semi optimistic for ski country on this setup...it is starting to get "the look" I call it...the shortwave is clearly deepening as it moves east while we have a good high to the northwest...that's gonna usually cause a crashing of heights SE, so I won't be surprised if it trends even a bit more that direction.

I'm starting to get semi optimistic for ski country on this setup...it is starting to get "the look" I call it...the shortwave is clearly deepening as it moves east while we have a good high to the northwest...that's gonna usually cause a crashing of heights SE, so I won't be surprised if it trends even a bit more that direction.

That's an awesome look for a flip to snow in those spots. Deepening low as it sinks SE. Not an easy combo to do.

yea this is interesting

IMG_20150331_211501.jpg.png

Yikes. Toughest time of year. Holding onto the last of the snowpack while yearning for 70 degree weather. Issue is, the cold ocean to our east. Lots of crummy weather coming for an extended period probably soon one way or another. I personally hope we cook up some tropical training moisture. That at least makes it fun, some embedded convection is always nice first sign of summer poking through.

Archived