Newest Member
    joxey
Model Discussion for April

Quincy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paste bomb

yea and I am good with it, been a great year and that looks nice for you guys who missed some good ones, hopefully a GEM solution works out. I am pretty much pulling a PF and checking out for anything robust here, sloppy seconds are still possible but think we are done. Caveat being around the tenth for a bowling ball but that would be a CNE deal it seems.

yea and I am good with it, been a great year and that looks nice for you guys who missed some good ones, hopefully a GEM solution works out. I am pretty much pulling a PF and checking out for anything robust here, sloppy seconds are still possible but think we are done. Caveat being around the tenth for a bowling ball but that would be a CNE deal it seems.

You had a great week last week, Good thing i did not try hooking up with you last thurs, Been down since then with a nasty stomach bug, I was heading to Jackman saturday, But i may hold off and go early next week for a day trip once i see how this is going to play out, Will try to go between events up there

Guess you haven't been looking in depth at things

I don't see anything around SNE that looks great with regard to Snow chances Kevin...not one model looks great like you put it.  Like Ray said, what model has you optimistic??  The Euro is days of cold rain, which is most likely what will happen if these systems pan out for the area with regard to precip.

well certainly the overall setup favors northern New England but I can see how based on some of the dangling carrots that have been thrown out,particularly by the European model and its ensembles , that one can at least hold somewhat mild interest in the upcoming 10 days and monitor to see if anything comes to fruition. I can see how Kevin doesn't want to go completely into spring mode but its almost like you keep it in the back of your mind but don't get too excited.

well certainly the overall setup favors northern New England but I can see how based on some of the dangling carrots that have been thrown out,particularly by the European model and its ensembles , that one can at least hold somewhat mild interest in the upcoming 10 days and monitor to see if anything comes to fruition. I can see how Kevin doesn't want to go completely into spring mode but its almost like you keep it in the back of your mind but don't get too excited.

I don't disagree with any of this, but calling someone out for being skeptical is a little much.....especially someone from well south of the pike.

Dynamics going on along that frontal zone as it creeps through. 

Even as of 06z the GFS/NAM initialize significant wave features in the flow still out over the lower GOA 

waters of the far E Pacific.  It would be interesting should those features get sampled with more potency 

over this next 24 hours worth of run inputs.  Looking at the last couple of days worht of runs ... it appears 

error is more borne of subtle run-to-run strength differences with those features rather than whether 

they will actually exist. Should more potency ride polarward, immediately astride the

frontal position ... it will dictate placement and timing wrt to baroclinic wave initialization/intensity 

... guidance to guidance as well.  

Tough call there. With no crystal ball to immediately correct for uncertainties as to how much potency will

really be present with that S/W as she comes, it's really guess work as to whether that wave will get 

cranking in time to bring the fan-fare ball of dynamical tricks to flip seasons the way some of 

these guidance types have been trying to do. The NAM ideas of choking large aggregate 3-5 hour thumps ...

particularly in elevations in the 00z and 06z ... despite inherent poor performance by that particular tool

in the post 60-hour time ranges ... has merit in so much as the possibility cannot be declined. In the 

same, the GFS's revision back toward a flatter weaker detonation with only afterthought lighter QPF of more 

ANA (thus over painted...) structure of the 00z cannot be discounted either.  

I think I'm just going with the Euro seeing as this whole deal is inside of four days. The Euro's been more 

suspect in recent months to a year, sure ... but not so much so in my mind that it's typical wheel-house

time range should be that much in question. Should things break stronger in accordance with uncertainties 

above, so be it. 

Also, I had mentioned a couple/few days ago, that the teleconnectors really support flatter more longitudinal

constructs/morphologies for that scope, and that's still not changed. The 00z Euro and 00z GFS were not 

demonstratively different.  

Yeah. That's a showery rain with temps in the 60s for Tuesday and Wednesday next week. I guess those polar highs to the north are no match for a 1004mb low pushing NE from DET.

It depends on how strong the s/w is. High pressure north of New England more often than not dams us in the spring. Otherwise we'd have a climo like NYC in the spring.

For a few weeks this winter never favorite

Looks like it's going to be another frustrating evolution for us, but too early to give up.

it's time to check out I think. Except For a few weeks this winter never really favored your area or mine. At least you had the epic run. W NE had a slightly above average winter and a pattern that brought a lot of missed opportunities.

Just agog ...  that NAM solution is a dynamic super opera ... 

66 F in saturated misty dirty pig sector warmth Friday, and a thunder snow parachute bomb 24 hours later.  Personal druthers aside...now THAT is entertaining... er, if it happened. 

Still in the flog NCEP officials for even processing that pos model range... but it's there to look at -

edit: i should add, interior

NAM solution notwithstanding ... this could actually be a meso-scale nightmare.  That position and movement of 500mb dpva, to mention ... right exit region of the jet relaying across into left exit has atmospheric 'wedgy' written all over it.  There could be a couple of just morally despicable UVM maxes that are tied into product maxed frontogenic sigs, and doing so through rap implosion of heights should be quite convectively unstable. 

Archived