joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Discussion for April

Quincy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kev and scooter, I still pretty spurned by the back half of this season. Won't really believe it until I see it.

Well I'm not forecasting or anything, just stating the look. I wouldn't really get too excited yet either. Sunday Night still could offer a few inches if everything worked out, although that also is tricky with such a real narrow band.

That PV to our north is pretty strong next week.

That was the year where NE VT had it's biggest snowfall of the season on April 26-28. Even BTV got 6"...but the western slope towns got 12-24" along with the ski areas and parts of the NE Kingdom. I think that was the poster klm' largest of the season by far.

That's the largest late season event I've ever seen. And it was a torch so all the leaves were out. I remember green leaves and like 18" of snow above 700ft on the west slope towns.

I believe I had 15.5 inches from that.  One of my top 3 storms in my 6 winters here in Peacham.  If I remember correctly it had been 85 about two weeks earlier and we even had gotten the kiddie pool out that day- Easter weekend perhaps.

Euro is really interesting....that is another massive snow run for CNE/NNE...a little further south though than 12z....but still would need another tick for the pike-north crowd...and another two ticks for south of that.

Definitely something to watch though...there's multiple waves...we get another shot on 4/10 as the front sinks south and a wave goes up into it. The 2nd of the dual April 1996 storms was on 4/10...so it's not THAT late to get something...though the clock is certainly ticking.

Euro is really interesting....that is another massive snow run for CNE/NNE...a little further south though than 12z....but still would need another tick for the pike-north crowd...and another two ticks for south of that.

Definitely something to watch though...there's multiple waves...we get another shot on 4/10 as the front sinks south and a wave goes up into it. The 2nd of the dual April 1996 storms was on 4/10...so it's not THAT late to get something...though the clock is certainly ticking.

Looks really good for them

Looks really good for them

I drew an anlogy to the anticipated regime next week, and that of 4/96.

I think the main difference maybe the NAO?

That Euro run would've gotten my attention in the RT 2 corridor and southern VT-NH.

Archived