joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Discussion for April

Quincy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh look...all the Spring Sallies in NNE who flipped last week are back. Weak.

Nope, come this time of year I flip harder than the Rev at a One Direction concert.  I am all about getting rid of the snow and drying out the ground.  I am ready to golf and don't need anymore snow.

Yeah, but this is SNE....NNE people should know their climo by now. :lol: After the whiffs..I saw some wishing for flip flops and ski bunny BBQs with bikinis and fist pumping.

We do know the climo...that's why we are "wishing" for that stuff. Chances of it happening are low but we can always dream. You want what you can't have.

How much of this is nocturnal? 

Every large April event that I have witnessed here in the lowlands has been largely nocturnal.

Too young to recall 1982?

4/19/83 had some midday accum at modest elev. in NNJ.  Even EWR got 4" but I'm guessing that was mainly pre-dawn thru mid-morn.

lol at all of next week on the euro, Where was that in march

Hazey-ville.

Well if you couldn't tell...I'm just kidding PF. It was an awesome run on the euro...best week of winter in NNE type run...lol.  Would be pretty special.

That would be feet and feet at the stake at 3000 feet...nonstop pics of glade skiing and talking about mid-winter from PF if that Euro run verified.

It would be a Kevin-esque 180 in attitude toward the weather. :lol: 

Too young to recall 1982?

4/19/83 had some midday accum at modest elev. in NNJ.  Even EWR got 4" but I'm guessing that was mainly pre-dawn thru mid-morn.

First of all, I was 1 year, 5 months old for the '82 event, secondly, that was about as ludicrous an airmass as you will ever see in April.

'83...I was 2 years and five months.

Regardless, I don't like my odds of a major snow event at 111' ASL on the sne cp during April.

That would be feet and feet at the stake at 3000 feet...nonstop pics of glade skiing and talking about mid-winter from PF if that Euro run verified.

Tim Kelly, Weir, and PF locking arms and skiing the glades. 

Haha, we all know that solution isn't happening verbatim.

I still want some parking lot BBQ weather prior to April 19th. Those days at the ski area where the party starts at 10am and folks are still grilling in the lot at 7pm...so much fun after a long cold winter.

Heh, it depends... 

Take the 12z Euro's operational... First of all, that D6 and 7 warm frontal position keeps ticking N by a couple degrees of latitude, and it's like right on the doorstep now. If it goes N, that's some outright balmy air ... As is, no, but really too close to feel secure about a cooler profile for those two days.  Secondly, it's all going to come down to how quickly heights rollout/recover post the weekends SE Canadian S/W translation.  This particular run trended slightly weaker and faster with residual confluence in the wake of said rollout, and that is huge for determining the amount of back-building polar high wedges/slams the door on that warm front. 

I don't think there's much determinism with that just yet.  

First of all, I was 1 year, 5 months old for the '82 event, secondly, that was about as ludicrous an airmass as you will ever see in April.

'83...I was 2 years and five months.

Regardless, I don't like my odds of a major snow event at 111' ASL on the sne cp during April.

That's why I asked - figured that would be the answer.  I have the same non-memories of NYC's big Dec '47 dump (bigger storm than 2006, just measured differently), and I was 1 yr 9 months then.

Archived