wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Model Discussion for April

Quincy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL  Ya right!!??  Just like with most of the threats, it will be gone or dwindle to mostly a nada set up.  It's the GFS day 10 BS storm that never gets any closer than day 10 or maybe 8 if we are lucky.  

Unless there is really something of consequence at this point, I wish it would just get nice.  Doesn't have to be 70, but upper 50's and low 60's with light winds and full Sunshine is beautiful this time of year.  I'm also done with these dusting to slushy inch deals that just mess everything up, and are gone in an hour.   

LOL  Ya right!!??  Just like with most of the threats, it will be gone or dwindle to mostly a nada set up.  It's the GFS day 10 BS storm that never gets any closer than day 10 or maybe 8 if we are lucky.  

Unless there is really something of consequence at this point, I wish it would just get nice.  Doesn't have to be 70, but upper 50's and low 60's with light winds and full Sunshine is beautiful this time of year.  I'm also done with these dusting to slushy inch deals that just mess everything up, and are gone in an hour.   

Yea, the GFS is the weenie that cried wolf, err..or dissapointed wolf...either or...

I salute you. :weenie:

Didn't we get around 7" in that?

I was away serving in the Marines in NC.

Well the final snow event was actually better further south. I'm not quite sure what you had, but we had some snow and ZR when I was in Lowell. I don't think it added up to 7" though.

I was laughing because it wasn't far off from that look on the GFS.  

Well the final snow event was actually better further south. I'm not quite sure what you had, but we had some snow and ZR when I was in Lowell. I don't think it added up to 7" though.

I was laughing because it wasn't far off from that look on the GFS.  

Maybe synoptically, but pretty different solution verbatim.

Maybe synoptically, but pretty different solution verbatim.

It's interesting the the models all sort of have an overrunning look of vary degrees though. I'm not going anywhere near details, but good luck on hoping for Napril to start anytime soon. I suppose later this week is a taste.

That was the winter of cursing the I-90/128 interchange. NW of that, S++++. SE of that. :cliff:   Until Feb of course.

Very good from my area points nw. My friends had a frat like apartment in Lowell back then, and the diff was noticeable btwn my place and Lowell, though.

Very noticeable between my house and Ayer, where my unit was based out of and went though the mobilization proccess.

Yeah '03 had a lot of overrunning snow/sleet before the final event happened later on around the 8th after the cold air sunk further south and set the stage for the bigger snow in NJ.   

But prior to that it was like a mid-winter overrunning setup.

Yeah '03 had a lot of overrunning snow/sleet before the final event happened later on around the 8th after the cold air sunk further south and set the stage for the bigger snow in NJ.   

But prior to that it was like a mid-winter overrunning setup.

That was def. the year of the overrunning.

PD II was even essentially a large overruning event.

Very good from my area points nw. My friends had a frat like apartment in Lowell back then, and the diff was noticeable btwn my place and Lowell, though.

Very noticeable between my house and Ayer, where my unit was based out of and went though the mobilization proccess.

I was going Codfishsnowman until 2/7/03.  Hence why I am ok in understanding we can get late starts..especially with warm ENSO as Will said earlier. The dividends usually pay off.  At one point I drove through the CF in Waltham in the early Jan 2003 event. Back and forth twister style.

Archived