northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Modicum Mauler

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harv Was pretty adamant last night about nothing north of the pike.

You always have to bring it up another level when you go on air and give a more plausible scenario at that time. It's one thing to convey thoughts about what might or might not happen on a weather forum. It's another to tell it to millions of people. At least you have room to adjust if something creeps up being 48hrs or so out.

South of Pike Spring continues, pretty special winter for the southern boys and gals of our forum. The two day windstorm was pretty unprecedented,usually we get fropo.couple of hours of very strong winds then a windy next day, that was nearly 24 hrs of crazy.

I'd honestly would've have rather gotten the business end of that three week stretch, but to each their own.

You guys are def. leading the tack on parade.

May cost us some records up this way, which sucks...but Feb was worth it.

That protracted period of ferocious winds was very impressive.

I'd honestly would've have rather gotten the business end of that three week stretch, but to each their own.

May cost us some records up this way, which sucks...but Feb was worth it.

Lol there is zero chance anyone would trade 90" in 3 weeks for a few 4-8" events in March.

But anyhoo....this one still might end up half decent but we need 12z to bump north. If 12z bumps south then we can throw in the towel in our area.

Lol there is zero chance anyone would trade 90" in 3 weeks for a few 4-8" events in March.

But anyhoo....this one still might end up half decent but we need 12z to bump north. If 12z bumps south then we can throw in the towel in our area.

Yea, what can you do....if it goes to crap, hopefully the southern crowd enjoys it.

We'll have more chances.

That's an increase from 3z on the sref's

Yea, what can you do....if it goes to crap, hopefully the southern crowd enjoys it.

We'll have more chances.

any snow is good snow. A bunch had the business end and the adder padders, great winter for the south eastern boys of winter

I'd honestly would've have rather gotten the business end of that three week stretch, but to each their own.

No Doubt Ray, that run you had out East there was Historic...Wish we could have gotten in on the Real Meat and Potato's of that here. And you got it all in 3 weeks which is amazing.  Yes we've been tacking on here which makes it a lil nicer for those of us that missed out on the bulk of the 3 week stretch.  But when I was getting 12-14 inches in those big storms, you were getting 25-30 plus. Let's hope 12z comes in better today, that would be nice for all of us!!

No Doubt Ray, that run you had out East there was Historic...Wish we could have gotten in on the Real Meat and Potato's of that here. And you got it all in 3 weeks which is amazing.  Yes we've been tacking on here which makes it a lil nicer for those of us that missed out on the bulk of the 3 week stretch.  But when I was getting 12-14 inches in those big storms, you were getting 25-30 plus. Let's hope 12z comes in better today, that would be nice for all of us!!

I was talking more about the folks who have had the best of both worlds

I was talking more about the folks who have had the best of both worlds

Oh I know Steve, I realized that.  Your area did have the best of both...just amazing for you guys in Eastern CT for sure.  I wasn't shut out here, but like I mentioned, just missed the real show, but hung on with decent results.  Once you get west of me, it gets much much worse for those folks.

any snow is good snow. A bunch had the business end and the adder padders, great winter for the south eastern boys of winter

Well maybe the south shore...further south than that missed the meat of Feb 2nd and moreso Feb 7-9.

A small area may have like 120"+ in the south shore region..otherwise you go further south and the amounts trend more toward 90-105" and further north is in the 110-120" range.

Still looks like primarily a miss to me.  Every operational model type I have seen, with the exception of the UKMET, has QPF initially over-spreading to about the Pike and points south, but only light, and then collapsing and drying the column back south within just a couple of hours of that happening.  Even the NAM depicts this... 

I guess nothing's etched in stone until it happens as the old saying goes; perhaps things can correct in a now-cast scenario, but this looks like a no show/phase failure, prior to another N stream bullying in for more late season chill. 

Well maybe the south shore...further south than that missed the meat of Feb 2nd and moreso Feb 7-9.

A small area may have like 120"+ in the south shore region..otherwise you go further south and the amounts trend more toward 90-105" and further north is in the 110-120" range.

Tickling 120"!  :weight_lift:

As far as this system go's, best forcing looks over SW CT and along the LI Sound into South Coastal MA.  Best shot of advisory level snows in that area lessening as you go N up to I-90/Rt2 where I could see 1-2" falling.

That's it!! We come have a parade! I'll play the accordion while walking! I'll put the LED light on too. We will have weenie signs and such.

RGEM looks pretty far south at 12z...that's probably the nail in the coffin for the pike region northward for anything meaningful...doesn't look very good for CT/RI either except maybe SW of HFD over to GON...where perhaps 1-3" would fall.

Archived