e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Modicum Mauler

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i cannot wait for the return of sw to nne moving miller As that bury the berks and rt 2 region and capitol district of ny while the crew e and s of orh and n to nh coast get flooded with mid level warmth....yup i mix and rain too but at least it will be like the old days like one used to read about back in the days of encyclopedia brittanica

Which ones were these? 

yes the statement was a little bit rough but in general I understand where he is coming from, I've been doing work and traveling to the shoreline of Connecticut for various reasons over the past 15 years and it's been amazing how much more snow they have been getting relative to average over the past five to six years.I used to enjoy the days where I would leave New Haven with a couple inches and get home to a solid 12 to 18 inch pack.

yes the statement was a little bit rough but in general I understand where he is coming from, I've been doing work and traveling to the shoreline of Connecticut for various reasons over the past 15 years and it's been amazing how much more snow they have been getting relative to average over the past five to six years.I used to enjoy the days where I would leave New Haven with a couple inches and get home to a solid 12 to 18 inch pack.

I couldn't care less when people vent...it's funny :lol:. But it gives some people a nose bleed.

I don';t mind when people complain, but leave it in one thread...people don't open a storm threat thread to read about how much it sucks that someone didn't get as much snow as they wanted in other storms...yeah, if it's only once in a while, then nobody cares, but it is almost every single storm thread that someone complains about earlier storms this winter or how this storm better produce because of what happened earlier in the winter...it is like listening to a broken record sometimes.

Most people want to read analysis on what March 20-21st will do when they open this thread.

No Miller A's have ever tracked in a SW to NNE motion? Most of them do. He doesn't like the ones going more WSW to ENE like this season. They exit stage right too early...he's looking for a NNE motion as it passes New England.

His description does not make sense, but I'll leave it at that.

I don't know why they post maps this far out, They have done this all winter and then adjust them a bazillion times

Not only are they throwing out amounts about 24 hours earlier than they used to, but their shift to shift continuity this year has blown. Back before the blizzard I remember Upton put their first 24-36" forecast out for NYC, the next shift literally cut amounts in half to 18-24"...only to be jacked back to 24-36" by the next shift. Throw in that Upton has been uncharacteristically aggressive with snowfall forecasts this year and the NWS lost some points in my book this season. 

Not only are they throwing out amounts about 24 hours earlier than they used to, but their shift to shift continuity this year has blown. Back before the blizzard I remember Upton put their first 24-36" forecast out for NYC, the next shift literally cut amounts in half to 18-24"...only to be jacked back to 24-36" by the next shift. Throw in that Upton has been uncharacteristically aggressive with snowfall forecasts this year and the NWS lost some points in my book this season. 

Its like they are adjusting according to Op model runs and then adjust every shift to what the latest shows, There are a couple offices as mentioned that have used this practice only to get burned in the end

Ahh, haha. I knew exactly what he meant because I look for the same thing. Systems that go NNE from like ACY to PWM, rather than ENE from the mid-Atlantic to south of ACK.

I knew what he meant, But i won't get into the Miller A tracks again, Just put it this way, I like the ones that track into the GOM, But more of them do not

Archived