Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Modicum Mauler

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't say that.

This thing will bulge north and then scoot east. My issue is how far this comes north. Of all models now, the GFS looks best. You better hope your beloved euro isn't right. If the GFS is right, there should be a good band in srn areas. I guess we'll see if 12z comes bumps north.

Well I'm not putting any stock in the GFS..none.. I'm basing my thoughts on what i laid out. I think modles are overdoing confluence at this point..and that there will be a nice mid level fronto band that they aren't picking up on. Similar to that last storm that got SE Mass

Well I'm not putting any stock in the GFS..none.. I'm basing my thoughts on what i laid out. I think modles are overdoing confluence at this point..and that there will be a nice mid level fronto band that they aren't picking up on. Similar to that last storm that got SE Mass

Models always shows signs of that. You don't just wish them to appear. I the GFS is right, might be south coast..perhaps near you. 

I will say the model disagreement later Friday Night and Saturday leads me to think that holding off until 12z for any definitive amounts is probably a good idea.  There are still some issues with that second incoming s/w on Saturday morning.

I'm not sold on more than 2" in those zones right now. It doesn't mean it can't happen...but I'd rather be near Brian12345678910.

SW CT March.  Even here, I could see us being on the edge...looks like another PHL-NYC special.  GFS is much more robust than the RGEM.   RGEM is usually deadly in this range, so I would buy it's solution over the GFS.  Upton's 2-4 here looks good at this point.   However, if we're only 2, bet it's mainly grass and colder surfaces unless this continues well into the evening.

SW CT March.  Even here, I could see us being on the edge...looks like another PHL-NYC special.  GFS is much more robust than the RGEM.   RGEM is usually deadly in this range, so I would buy it's solution over the GFS.

It's clown range for the RGEM still..I probably would wait more for the 18z and 00z runs.

What is this "another" tick south stuff? The RGEm didn't go south..It' s still not even in range yet.

Models are definitely south of where yesterday's runs were. (except the GFS)  Spin it anyway you want, but north of 84 this looks like crap. And the fact that it's coming in the daytime doesn't help (especially if there's only 2 inches of snow)

Models are definitely south of where yesterday's runs were. (except the GFS)  Spin it anyway you want, but north of 84 this looks like crap. And the fact that it's coming in the daytime doesn't help (especially if there's only 2 inches of snow)

It looks fine south of the pike if you are expecting 2-5 inches of snow. And it's mostly coming at night. It doesn't even tart in your area till 3:00..with most coming after dark

It looks fine south of the pike if you are expecting 2-5 inches of snow. And it's mostly coming at night. It doesn't even tart in your area till 3:00..with most coming after dark

if it starts that late, then we'd be good to miss most of the solar insolation.   12z runs will nail it down.

Whats up with the Euro going nuts Sat morning for ORH-east?

No other model does that.

06z RGEM coming in south after a decent 00z run is not a good sign. Maybe Hubb's pessimism will win out on this one.

Maybe it ends up like every other theat over the course of the last 5 weeks....T-2" here, and Steve, Kevin and Bob doing naked snow angels, but I thought this one had a better shot, anyway.

Whats up with the Euro going nuts Sat morning for ORH-east?

No other model does that.

06z RGEM coming in south after a decent 00z run is not a good sign. Maybe Hubb's pessimism will win out on this one.

I was merely hanging my hat on the GFS mostly. Not really being a pessimist. If it showed a decent thump I would have gone with that

I was merely hanging my hat on the GFS mostly. Not really being a pessimist. If it showed a decent thump I would have gone with that

Man, I'm sure it still does great forecasting the movement of high altitude cirrus clouds over Mount Kilimanjaro, but the EURO model is not the same when it counts.

Sad, really.

Archived