joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Approaching 20". That's 32" since Sunday. Just crazy. Snow on the ground exceeding 40".... In f*%#ng end of March. Unreal. And it's still snowing...lol. Municipality considering calling a state of emergency. Only and last time that was used was in White Juan in 2004.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Approaching 20". That's 32" since Sunday. Just crazy. Snow on the ground exceeding 40".... In f*%#ng end of March. Unreal. And it's still snowing...lol. Municipality considering calling a state of emergency. Only and last time that was used was in White Juan in 2004.

Sent from my iPhone

http://www.novascotiawebcams.com/en/webcams/peggys-cove-lighthouse/

I did at 11 but 9 times out of 10 they don't pan out. If we hyped up every squall the hires models show we'd be in trouble lol

Good job,very obvious setup up,. It would have been dumb to ignore that, why is mentioning the chance for a isolated squall which impacts morning drive hype? pretty easy call on that one. I mean you guys hype up 50 degrees with teasers every few hours.

SNE and Downeast/Maritimes winter. We had a nice 3-week run up until the V-Day storm.

All in all I'd give this winter an A-. We'll finish just shy of 100" and had a record cold Feb. -- but the Christmas soaker, mild first 20+ days of Jan., and meh finish all hurt the grade.

Now we're into my least favorite time of year. At least it's been an orderly melt-off so far.

High winds here have taken down a number of trees around the area, including snapping off an apparently healthy 6" diameter tree at the base in mby.  Around 5pm yesterday the UMass anemometer recorded it's second highest gust ever at 46 MPH, which was beaten 15 hours later with a 47MPH gust.   The highest gust was 49 on 2/19/11.... I believe there was a similar event, possibly Feb 2013??, that the anemometer may have been offline for however.

Sent from my iPhone

Given the backside winds and cold here, we knew someone was getting buried.  Enjoy!

Good job,very obvious setup up,. It would have been dumb to ignore that, why is mentioning the chance for a isolated squall which impacts morning drive hype? pretty easy call on that one. I mean you guys hype up 50 degrees with teasers every few hours.

Meh... HRRR, RAP, RPM had nothing. 

I don't think it was an obvious setup at all. 

OKX didn't even mention it in their 3 a.m. AFD/ZFP. They didn't even send out an SPS!

Archived