joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why were folks so surprised at the strong winds? Everything pointed to widespread 50-55 mph

I wasn't sure they would be this strong. Thought maybe 40 knots but we saw a jump in model wind speeds in the mixed layer in the last few runs. I definitely didn't expect 50 knot at BDL. 

Why were folks so surprised at the strong winds? Everything pointed to widespread 50-55 mph

I'm sure this was directed at me. I expected mostly 45-50mph at the high spots. I didn't exactly dive deeply though. I consider that a "normal" windy day. The 55-60mph stuff is much higher end. If I whipped out the BUFKIT I probably would've seen the better transport. Usually when you start whipping around the 55mph+ posts it's being typed with your weenie.

Hope each of you are enjoying, or have enjoyed (for those who've already passed out) this glorious St. Patty's Day!

Just wanted to make a quick post to thank so many of you who've helped get me familiarized with SNE winters, and offered advice on the best locations to document the two blizzards I intercepted this season.

As a result of your thoughtfulness and the experiences I've had in the area the past two winters, I feel a special connection to this place.

Furthermore, I'm very appreciative of the opportunity to post in this particular subforum...despite the fact I live in SE NC...and to get to know you guys better.

Archived