CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talkin' about ya'll...you have to remove the subjective bias you have because they have "Blue Hill" as the title. The funny part is I haven't even really taken a position on if they were right or not..I merely am speaking to what you'd want to think about with potential inaccuracies and how to go about it objectively, and I'm being met with hostility. That's usually a good sign to me that the other side isn't being overly objective.

lol anytime you drop weenies into a discussion its painfully obvious you are trying to degrade the discussers.  Apparently you have not read the entire discussion, no one is being hostile at all just discussing the pros and cons, You are correct you didn't take a stand , in fact no one has, other than Hunchie busting scooters chops.

Round 2 of squall action

And Will, I take offense to having my judgement clouded by my weenie

Well you and Steve both were bent over by the awe and mystique of blue hill by your posts. You guys are far removed from this area. I've been here and very invested in this area during the whole time. I'm well aware of the amounts here and stated at radar the whole time. Nothing to me stood out as to why they would be higher by a decent amount in certain storms.

Ironically, I did say there was no way to prove right or wrong, I simply said that the amounts are a head scratcher at times, including and event where they were west of the heaviest snow and got prolific amounts. I also have someone inknow measure in Randolph too which is a stones throw from MQE.

Well you and Steve both were bent over by the awe and mystique of blue hill by your posts. You guys are far removed from this area. I've been here and very invested in this area during the whole time. I'm well aware of the amounts here and stated at radar the whole time. Nothing to me stood out as to why they would be higher by a decent amount in certain storms.

Ironically, I did say there was no way to prove right or wrong, I simply said that the amounts are a head scratcher at times, including and event where they were west of the heaviest snow and got prolific amounts. I also have someone inknow measure in Randolph too which is a stones throw from MQE.

If they are first order don't they need to undergo strict QCing to maintain that status?

And I am not "in awe" of anything other than your :weenie:

They could be off. I really don't give a crap. Would it just be one person or a whole crew?

We bust on BDL and BOS all the time for under or over measuring. I'm sure my numbers are off due to not clearing every 6 hours or missing an inch event

You are living in an epic year in the perfect place. Enjoy it. Hopefully you see another

Scott correct me if I am wrong but isn't Blue Hill like 5 miles from Weymouth as the crow flies?

From me, maybe near 8 Give or take. I can see it from down my street.

Hey it's fine, whatever. It's just that I feel like for whatever reason this met got his questioning disregarded because it's blue hill. Like I don't know what I'm doing here. I think it's fair to ask, that's all. I'm giving them the variance and difficulty that is snow measuring. I deal with this all the time. Same way we do Logan. I don't see the outcry from that though.

If they are first order don't they need to undergo strict QCing to maintain that status?

And I am not "in awe" of anything other than your :weenie:

They could be off. I really don't give a crap. Would it just be one person or a whole crew?

We bust on BDL and BOS all the time for under or over measuring. I'm sure my numbers are off due to not clearing every 6 hours or missing an inch event

You are living in an epic year in the perfect place. Enjoy it. Hopefully you see another

It's cool. Sorry if I came across strong.

Yeah this is one to remember. But, we can do well here. The ocean is not always a bad thing.

It's cool. Sorry if I came across strong.

Yeah this is one to remember. But, we can do well here. The ocean is not always a bad thing.

Don't worry. Hub is just a little cranky he "mehed" his way to a 95th percentile winter. It was 99 or bust.

And for the record, I do allow for a fudging due to compaction if I am not there. Any nearby PNS reports, radar, obs etc from wife get factored in. You also have to be careful and not fudge too much because you are measuring what fell....not what you think fell so it's important not to overestimate that. But, you can do it in a reasonable and scientific way I think. IMO, I'd rather be a bit lower, than someone like the Lunenburg weenie.

Archived