CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I under measured as much as you say. And yes my depth was like that as well. I'm well aware of the situation down here despite me always being there. They have a system to gauge snow fall on the hill when it's windy. It's not perfect and I am not saying it's wrong since I have no way of proving it, but based on radar, reports, and situational awareness, some of the reports are head scratchers. It started last year in the jan 21 fluff job. I noticed they were rather high compare to here when they weren't in the best banding for long. I've QCd data for a long time and I am well aware of nuances.

wow, that little squall line meant business...lasted about 10 minutes, it got very dark, hailed, the wind roared like a freight train and my dad said a birch tree fell and landed in his lane as he was driving home from work...he slammed his breaks and skidded to stop right at the tree...i also noticed the water in the toilet bowl sloshing around

now it's bright and the sun is back out and wind is light and variable

I don't think I under measured as much as you say. And yes my depth was like that as well. I'm well aware of the situation down here despite me always being there. They have a system to gauge snow fall on the hill when it's windy. It's not perfect and I am not saying it's wrong since I have no way of proving it, but based on radar, reports, and situational awareness, some of the reports are head scratchers. It started last year in the jan 21 fluff job. I noticed they were rather high compare to here when they weren't in the best banding for long. I've QCd data for a long time and I am well aware of nuances.

you QC snowfall? how?

Blue Hill is isn't just higher than Scott...that's kind of a red herring argument. They are way higher than anyone else within 25 miles. You'd expect them to be the highest given their elevation, but it's by quite a bit. So that right there in itself is kind of a red flag, but I'd want to dig deeper to really know for sure.

I could see being a tad skeptical. I know there's a couple storms where they were the highest number by a decent amount within 15 miles of them.

Being scientific about measurements involves trying to remove subjective analysis like "it's Blue Hill, it must be correct".

I know most weenies don't like to hear that, but that's how you verify something.

No, data etc including precip types and amounts.

I checked out their w/e seems they had higher ratios in some storms than the lower el's but again we are talking 20 inches over 5 months and having 6 more than you going in.Which storm was it you noticed the greatest discrepancy. LOl to Will saying weenies, geezus that is a know institution not some friggin weenie kid with a ruler.

I checked out their w/e seems they had higher ratios in some storms than the lower el's but again we are talking 20 inches over 5 months and having 6 more than you going in.Which storm was it you noticed the greatest discrepancy. LOl to Will saying weenies, geezus that is a know institution not some friggin weenie kid with a ruler.

Talkin' about ya'll...you have to remove the subjective bias you have because they have "Blue Hill" as the title. The funny part is I haven't even really taken a position on if they were right or not..I merely am speaking to what you'd want to think about with potential inaccuracies and how to go about it objectively, and I'm being met with hostility. That's usually a good sign to me that the other side isn't being overly objective.

Archived