• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

I think its safe to say blue hills keeps more detailed /accurate records measuring especially with you at work for 1/3 of the storms and didn't clear a board every 6 hours.

That is pretty much the only location i would just not call out, i mean probably most dedicated to accuracy by many accounts here and tbh your measuring doesn't hold a candle to your forecasts lol. Can't measure from work, your wife isn't clearing the board, compaction when you get home and measure and i would think Blue hills trump any other weenie you may have weymouth totals from. With all the fluff settling ,clearing was more important this season .

I've QC'd a lot of stuff in my career. It doesn't exactly pass the smell test. I understand they have wind issues there, but even a person I known who worked there said he thinks it's overestimated. There have been storms where they were west of the good stuff and yet same amounts or more were reported than here. Some of the reports stick out like a sore thumb to surrounding areas when orographics or boundary layer temps are not the issue. Trust me, I know the difficulties of measuring etc and I know they keep great records and take pride in that. But, there are some head scratchers there. Thanks for pointing out the reasons to me though. I've never thought about working during storms and the issues it may cause. :lol: They had a snowier November for sure. Anyways, whatever. I only bring it up because they are going to likely break the all time record.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't someone say it was supposed to stay near 40 up there last night? With people riding Huffy's to work?

Well he's in Amherst...I think he said a night above freezing. My mom texted me this AM saying she had ZR in Hooksett.

About 1/2" down and still -SN.

Didn't someone say it was supposed to stay near 40 up there last night? With people riding Huffy's to work?

Lol...never said 40s...I said above freezing...Dendrite's area wasn't included in that.  I was referring more to the tropics where you are at...

Well he's in Amherst...I think he said a night above freezing. My mom texted me this AM saying she had ZR in Hooksett.

About 1/2" down and still -SN.

Lol. Amherst as in right next to Nashua....and he pretends he is part of NNE. Lol.

When did I ever say I was part of NNE...I consider myself to be in SNE really...or on the border of CNE...how low did your temp get last night?

You frequently say it was a bad run for you in the winter when models show a big snow for SNE. Even tho it hits your area hard. :lol:

We actually radiated down to about 30 early last night before rising back above freezing. It was clear early on.

I just went for a quick errand and went down the hill from me in a newer development tucked in. Holy cow do they have snow. Amazing what a lack of solar insulation will do. Looked like about 2' or so still. Actually makes me want to move away from a solar torch spot lol.

I just went for a quick errand and went down the hill from me in a newer development tucked in. Holy cow do they have snow. Amazing what a lack of solar insulation will do. Looked like about 2' or so still. Actually makes me want to move away from a solar torch spot lol.

that time of year where the real weenie spots show up, pretty cool to see them all around, deep forested areas in low lying northern exposures on the lee side of hills where snow has blown in around here have 18+ while the hills have much less, 13 in my yard this morning and melting like the wicked witch of the west, or Ray if this year ends on a meh note for him

Still snowing moderately here in South Portland. Sticking to trees, sidewalks, and parking lots. Roads not so much. Back edge looks to be approaching per radar.

Only flurries in Augusta, now ended and they didn't start until the echoes had been overhead for 2-3 hr.  Dry air.

Like the geography, though I'd argue against that CNE bulge toward Augusta, which is generally cooler than LEW.  LOL at the disjunct CNE.

Archived