• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015 Spring/Summer Banter & complaint thread

dmc76

Yeah... Tim's and my interests in particular are very similar as we're both south of the city by quite a bit.  We will probably do fairly similar many times except in storms that have more of a west-east layout of the rain/snow line or a significant lake component. 

Did you gain about 25 inches per year of snow?

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably more like 15-20. But I'll have a chance to get hammered in north flow les if it sets up right.

What was that... a 75 mile north move for you? You're definitely going to be picking up more snow. The type of events where Alek is watching the LES clouds right offshore are the type you'll do well on.

You'll be feeling more of a "cooler near the lake" effect also - especially in spring. But not as extensive as I do!

Was downtown as Rush for a Dr appt today, and could see one tiny patch of low clouds hanging around the taller buildings closer to the lake while the hospital area was clear and sunny. Definitely cool looking as we came in on the Eisenhower.

That sounds cool. Actually I noticed this picture on Skilling's FB page by Jody Levine of that patch.

11713911_1045256275486357_43730488424447

The air must have just needed that little extra lift by the buildings to condense and form clouds.

Was downtown as Rush for a Dr appt today, and could see one tiny patch of low clouds hanging around the taller buildings closer to the lake while the hospital area was clear and sunny. Definitely cool looking as we came in on the Eisenhower.

yeah that's been a pretty typical afternoon setup, the clouds will pulse inland and then pull back, usually hanging between the tallest buildings, it is pretty cool

So I just noticed that ESRL now has reanalysis images going back to 1851 (was 1871).  It seems like not all variables are available but it's better than nothing.

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/data/composites/subdaily_20thc/

Make sure that 20CRV2c is selected at the top where it says model version.

I was going to attach a couple images but it's not accepting (I keep getting redirected to the main page after hitting send).  Anyone else having this problem?  

Not in this forum, but my mom in Phoenix called to tell me her rearview mirror melted off her windshield. Today will be the 8th day in a row AOA 115°.

Talk about worst climo.

That's the best climo, when that was ongoing I wanted so badly to be there that I was thinking of getting a ticket and arriving to real summer to soak that right in. This is coming from a non-traveler, that's how extremely horrific this is psychologically. I realized some time ago that just sunny conditions doesn't cure it (but is far better than winter climo), it needs to be very hot as well which works like a charm kicking the blues out the door in a hurry. When the blues are this deep, 115ºF weather is the antidote.

46 degrees last night. Another low around 50 tonight. Summer 2015 busted just like severe season in the plains. 

The two things I love most during a year from weather, just gone. A quote popped in my mind and this is how a convo would go if "the weather" was a living communicator:

Weather Enthusiast: "2014 was the worst year for weather in the Great Lakes that I know of, 2015 has to be better and deliver some awesome severe and heatwaves to boot...its got to!"

2015 Climo: "I have another round of projectile diarrhea I need to squirt out onto the Great Lakes."

Weather Enthusiast: ****!!  :fulltilt:

2015 Climo: "Oh and don't expect any real tornado season or big events, and hurricanes that actually aren't lame; just below normal crap that isn't so extreme that its interesting - just the boring variety."

Weather Enthusiast:  :cliff:

2015 Climo: "I overstay my welcome beyond what anyone can handle. I outlast everything."

looks like a pattern change around the 20th if not a bit before.

Lol there's been "hints" of a pattern change since the second week of May.

Still waiting.

But in all honesty, what a lovely Octo... I mean July day. Today's forecast - mostly sunny and 74°. What actually happened? Cloudy with sprinkles and 64°. Not bad not bad.

Punt. I don't even care anymore. Summer 2015 is going down as the year with no summer in my books.

Lol there's been "hints" of a pattern change since the second week of May.

Still waiting.

But in all honesty, what a lovely Octo... I mean July day. Today's forecast - mostly sunny and 74°. What actually happened? Cloudy with sprinkles and 64°. Not bad not bad.

Punt. I don't even care anymore. Summer 2015 is going down as the year with no summer in my books.

Guess it depends what the criteria is for "pattern change."  We've had pretty robust SE ridging at times.

Archived