joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015 Spring/Summer Banter & complaint thread

dmc76

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man that sucks!  My Cousin down in Akron Indiana has the same problem and lost their furnace and a lot of other things.

After leaving Indiana, I swore I'd never have another basement. :D

Ouch for your cousin. 

Furnished basements are cool when they're dry. Wet not so much. No carpeting and we got everything of value up on blocks, so it's really just a leaky floor issue right now. I'd be down with not seeing another drop of rain for the next two or so weeks. :D

Bust of the year for sure

:lol:

I'm a broken record right now...but...doesn't look to happen anytime soon, but I'm so ready for a week of sunny and dry. Death ridge me if it has to come to that. 

Drove back to LAF late this afternoon/early evening from IKK, and the water standing in ditches and fields is ridiculous (especially in Iroquois and Kankakee Counties). I feel bad for the farmers and people battling this flooding.  

Doesn't look to happen anytime soon, but I'm so ready for a week of sunny and dry. Death ridge me if it has to come to that. 

Drove back to LAF late this afternoon/early evening from IKK, and the water standing in ditches and fields is ridiculous (especially in Iroquois and Kankakee Counties). I feel bad for the farmers and people battling this flooding.  

Wow, hell really did freeze over. 

I'm a broken record right now...but...doesn't look to happen anytime soon, but I'm so ready for a week of sunny and dry. Death ridge me if it has to come to that.

I feel ya there. I think I'm starting to catch a cold because of the humidity and being inside all the time due to rain. Hell the first of the month we didn't even hit 60!

Sent from my iPhone

[begin rant] Welp, day 4 of water seeping/getting into my parent's basement...and this heavy rain will make things worse. They've now sand bagged the furnace and water heater, in hopes of saving both. Everything else of value has already been put up on blocks. The whole house reeks. They don't need this sh*t...nobody does. F*ck this weather. [end rant]

Looks quite impressive for late June.  FWIW, the raw 2m temps have DTW barely hitting 60 in the afternoon, lol. 

Just awful.

Words can't begin to describe my irritation with this entire month.

6/22 - 6/23 and the one 90*F day have literally been THE saving graces.

[begin rant] Welp, day 4 of water seeping/getting into my parent's basement...and this heavy rain will make things worse. They've now sand bagged the furnace and water heater, in hopes of saving both. Everything else of value has already been put up on blocks. The whole house reeks. They don't need this sh*t...nobody does. F*ck this weather. [end rant]

Man, I'm real sorry to hear about that. I hope you guys get a break, this is just becoming ridiculous for a lot of folks. :(

Man, I'm real sorry to hear about that. I hope you guys get a break, this is just becoming ridiculous for a lot of folks. :(

Thanks for the well wishes. It'll be a relatively long battle it looks like, but it has to stop raining at some point. :lol:

Thanks for the well wishes. It'll be a relatively long battle it looks like, but it has to stop raining at some point. :lol:

Big rains, big snows, big drought...for all the zzzzz's, there's been some pretty extreme events too in the past few years.

Big rains, big snows, big drought...for all the zzzzz's, there's been some pretty extreme events too in the past few years.

Someone mentioned earlier here that the weather in this subforum is great because we get to experience mind-numbing cold, snowstorms and blizzard conditions, severe weather, death ridges, and everything in between. I agree that there is a little something for everyone....Best Climo©

As far as the zzzzz's, it's called baiting the hook.

Someone mentioned earlier here that the weather in this subforum is great because we get to experience mind-numbing cold, snowstorms and blizzard conditions, severe weather, death ridges, and everything in between. I agree that there is a little something for everyone....Best Climo©

As far as the zzzzz's, it's called baiting the hook.

Agree...we live in a region that at worst gets the beauty and enjoyment of 4 distinct seasons, & at best gets to enjoy the extremities of these seasons.

Archived