joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015 Spring/Summer Banter & complaint thread

dmc76

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of all my years here, I think I only lost power a couple times. Not bad.

Pretty sure this is only the second time I've had an "extended" outage here. Naturally, both during warm/sticky times. Guess that's what I get for mocking you in the June thread. ;):D

Pretty sure this is only the second time I've had an "extended" outage here. Naturally, both during warm/sticky times. Guess that's what I get for mocking you in the June thread. ;):D

Did you see that huge ridge in the west in the long range?  When that comes east...

Nice knowing ya. 

Maybe it's a preview of the Roger Smith death ridge extravaganza for this region.  Haven't heard an update from him in a while. 

Nah he'll be too busy trying to connect aurora borealis to the severe outbreak yesterday.

Still haven't hit 90 here, although May was warmer than average and June is a tad above average right now. Go figure.

Just so much troughiness for this time of year it's basically all coming via warm fronts instead of the big heat domes out of the plains. Since January we've been in such a stormy pattern it seems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Storms from Monday literally:

-Caused a Huge Damaging Wind Event One County to My North

-Caused a Damaging Wind event from a cell from my county that strengthened right as it was exiting Hillsdale County

-Dropped a damaging tornado one county to my northeast

And I got nothing. :cry:

There's always next time I guess.... 

This Saturday on the NAM might take the cake.  That's about as bad as it gets for someone like you if something like that happens. 

Lol, if only it were January? In all seriousness though that Friday/Saturday system looks very moisture laden and dynamic. Could be a pretty efficient rain producer.

Lol, if only it were January? In all seriousness though that Friday/Saturday system looks very moisture laden and dynamic. Could be a pretty efficient rain producer.

Looks quite impressive for late June.  FWIW, the raw 2m temps have DTW barely hitting 60 in the afternoon, lol. 

I got a call from my dad asking if the 66 degree predicted high was legit. Lack of heat is unreal

Sent from my iPhone

Only good thing about this is that it's not a week later.  Would make for a pretty crappy 4th of July.

Interested to see the CIPS analogs for this thing.

I got a call from my dad asking if the 66 degree predicted high was legit. Lack of heat is unreal

Sent from my iPhone

after three consecutive torrid summers (2010-12) this will apparently be three consecutive summers (2013-15) where heat is just missing. Outside of a few scarce hot days, and one 5day heatwave in July '13, we have practically had 3 summers of September weather, not summer weather. Both 2013 & 2014 saw a portion of the last week of July (ie: the dog days of summer) end with record & near record Autumn-like chill. Its amazing that this is our reward for 2010-12, especially since July 2009 was record cold (Detroits 3rd coldest july on record).

Is anybody else getting this error message on SHARPpy for all the  models? Only is working right now with the "observed" soundings. and the 4K NAM is the only one that will actually show up with all the available model sounding sites on the map, as well as the model runs/cycles, but when you try to load the sounding it comes up with an error message. Does any one have an explanation for this? And possible fix?

EDIT: It looks like its caused by the bufkit site from PSU being down... which is where SHARPpy derives their model soundings from.

post-7962-0-87026700-1435210170_thumb.pn

after three consecutive torrid summers (2010-12) this will apparently be three consecutive summers (2013-15) where heat is just missing. Outside of a few scarce hot days, and one 5day heatwave in July '13, we have practically had 3 summers of September weather, not summer weather. Both 2013 & 2014 saw a portion of the last week of July (ie: the dog days of summer) end with record & near record Autumn-like chill. Its amazing that this is our reward for 2010-12, especially since July 2009 was record cold (Detroits 3rd coldest july on record).

I remember 2010 quite well. Me and my buddy played maybe more golf than I have ever played in my life because the courses were so empty due to the heat. You could walk on at 1 PM and it'd be completely open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived