joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015 Spring/Summer Banter & complaint thread

dmc76

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean this sincerely...enough with the [expletive] rain. I've seen enough already, no mas. [Expletive] this miserable [expletive][expletive] summer. Oh yeah, and [expletive] the Cardinals too. :axe::axe::axe:

Quite a gut punch to the Cubs by Jhhhhhonny Peralta.

I mean this sincerely...enough with the [expletive] rain. I've seen enough already, no mas. [Expletive] this miserable [expletive][expletive] summer. Oh yeah, and [expletive] the Cardinals too. :axe::axe::axe:

Rant allowed and noted. Would have been quite a disastrous series for us....

Looks like you are getting some luck, expect some obscene totals from the Onarga, Gilman, Watseka areas.

Rant allowed and noted. Would have been quite a disastrous series for us....

Looks like you are getting some luck, expect some obscene totals from the Onarga, Gilman, Watseka areas.

I knew you'd like the last line of that rant. :D

But yeah, we fared ok here. Will come in just shy of an inch...so I guess congrats Alek. :lol:

Those poor souls in Iroquois County (and surrounding counties) though. They certainly didn't need it anymore than we did. Just madness this rain... 

Calling for pattern changes has been the pattern....

NW flow with SE ridge surge attempts is the pattern...splash a seasonally strong LP...

For years now

Yep.

That said, 2010-2012 came in 3s, so maybe this will be the last Summer with this dreaded pattern and we'll flip the script next season...

75 feet...

And yes, not at Logan...in the Seaport district

That is ridiculous.

I know we had a massive pile at DTW in 2014, but it wasn't that huge. Maybe 40 or 50 feet at the most, but I have no idea when it actually melted. The last time I was at the airport that year was in March.

That is ridiculous.

I know we had a massive pile at DTW in 2014, but it wasn't that huge. Maybe 40 or 50 feet at the most, but I have no idea when it actually melted. The last time I was at the airport that year was in March.

Actually, we had 3 that were that tall here. If they were all together it probably would have been near if not above 75 feet after compaction.

That is ridiculous.

Well bear in mind, we didn't have nearly as many massive snowstorms to clean up from either. Just using the 12" mark as a bar, DTW had none in 2013-2014 while BOS had four 12"+ storms last season (with no thaws in between).

But also the fact that the past 2 Springs/Summers have been "coolish" and not very Sunny delayed the melting of the snow piles as well.

And there are still many in the Football community who insist Boston getting pounded this past winter was bad karma for the New England Patriots cheating in the playoffs. 

And what's funny about that theory is that, coincidentally, their pounding didn't begin until AFTER the Indianapolis Colts lost against them. On 1/19/15, Boston had ONLY 5.5" of snow for the entire 2014-2015 season, lol.

Well bear in mind, we didn't have nearly as many massive snowstorms to clean up from either. Just using the 12" mark as a bar, DTW had none in 2014-2015 while BOS had four 12"+ storms last season (with no thaws in between).

But also the fact that the past 2 Springs/Summers have been "coolish" and not very Sunny delayed the melting of the snow piles as well.

And their snows were most likely high content low ratio stuff...most likely it was pretty compacted already even at its highest time

Archived