joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015 Spring/Summer Banter & complaint thread

dmc76

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...did Aleks' zzzzzz's finally put everyone to sleep? It is getting to the most boring part of the year around here (late August-early Oct) weather-wise. Guess I'll either keep an eye on Pacific Ocean water temps or watch paint dry.

After a week of 80 and partly cloudy you start to run out of things to say about it

Since last Sunday's 91° and storms, it has been mid to upper 70s and now the last three days of them it has been mostly cloudy to cloudy. At least when we get into September the atmosphere dries out and we get more sun.

I don't have much to complain about this summer.  We were very dry for a few weeks in June, but then got a nice soaking.  We were dry for the last week, but got another nice soaking overnight before the next dry period arrives.  It hasn't been the most memorable storm season, as a lot of the severe weather has hit southern Iowa, but that means I haven't had to worry about my garden.  It has been very humid at times, but generally pretty avg temps with little intense heat.  I guess the only thing I'm a bit bummed about is the dead Atlantic tropics.

Wow...did Aleks' zzzzzz's finally put everyone to sleep? It is getting to the most boring part of the year around here (late August-early Oct) weather-wise. Guess I'll either keep an eye on Pacific Ocean water temps or watch paint dry.

What is there to discuss?

Temps aren't anything impressive in either direction, things have been fairly sunny and there's not much severe weather action.

And of course, completely screwed yet again in every single direction by convection. 

Even areas that weren't in the SPC Marginal Risk fared better as far as getting t'storms, lol. :facepalm:

Easily one of the worst overall Summers I can remember (not speaking for anyone else). Quite frankly, the only saving grace for me has been the relative lack of cloudy days since mid-July.

Can't even buy organized convection on days WITH strong daytime (just wind-driven light rain showers).

Hopefully, there will never be a Summer like this one again for a long time. Easily the worst season for convection that I can remember, even worse than 2009.

It's been pretty uneventful.

Think I'll give this summer a grade of an A for this area.  Been a real fun late spring and summer, with plenty of severe episodes to track and chase in the immediate local area.  Had several very heavy rain events in June and July that added to over 17" of rain for those two months.  

In the old days I would have been disappointed by the lack of intense heat again this year, but the scorching summer of 2012 appeased my appetite for intense heat for the foreseeable future.  

2nd year in a row without an actual severe storm here IMBY, but that's not really a bad thing as most of the time I'm not home when it happens anyway.  

Can't even buy organized convection on days WITH strong daytime (just wind-driven light rain showers).

Hopefully, there will never be a Summer like this one again for a long time. Easily the worst season for convection that I can remember, even worse than 2009.

Called the race a bit too soon, it is coming down in buckets and tons of CG.

Living not too far from Cyclone above there, I'd give our area an A as well. Its been nice having near constant severe weather setups to chase and watch. Not to mention having the opportunity to chase 3 different supercells within 30 miles of my house (2 of which produced sig tors). I'd say likely our best summer since 2010 honestly. Also had quite a bit of rain in June through about Mid-July before hitting a dry streak for a few weeks, which also has featured some rather benign weather. Hoping for an active fall as well, but I won't hold my breath :D

Living not too far from Cyclone above there, I'd give our area an A as well. Its been nice having near constant severe weather setups to chase and watch. Not to mention having the opportunity to chase 3 different supercells within 30 miles of my house (2 of which produced sig tors). I'd say likely our best summer since 2010 honestly. Also had quite a bit of rain in June through about Mid-July before hitting a dry streak for a few weeks, which also has featured some rather benign weather. Hoping for an active fall as well, but I won't hold my breath :D

Yeah, you guys up that way have had a banner severe year. Out this way, naso much.

Here's hoping for a 2002-like El Ninoish autumn.

Locally, I would say the severe weather grade is a B+. Had some pretty exciting thunderstorms. You had to wait awhile in between each. I think I saw more hail this season than any other before. Didn't have any straight line winds though this season. Will be interesting to see if a waterspout setup occurs as the atmosphere cools towards September.

Archived