Newest Member
    joxey
2015 Spring/Summer Banter & complaint thread

dmc76

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And?

it's unlikely that we tap 90*F before the weakening MCS moves in. We may hit 88*F or so before things are knocked back down.

EDIT: DTX adjusted the highs here from 92*F to 89*F.

Well it was 86 30 minutes ago and we have risen quickly today to it might hit 90 before the line hits. Even if it doesn't that cloud shield and rain isn't massive so there is a chance of a late day push, either way who cares. It is already hot and sultry with the heat and humidity in place.

Well it was 86 30 minutes ago and we have risen quickly today to it might hit 90 before the line hits. Even if it doesn't that cloud shield and rain isn't massive so there is a chance of a late day push, either way who cares. It is already hot and sultry with the heat and humidity in place.

True to the bolded, but it's doubtful given that an inversion cap will likely develop behind the MCS, limiting mixing heights. 

In any event, the fact that we've only had 1 90*F day despite being virtually half way through Summer (the average is 12 days per Summer) and the fact that we've had 0 90*F+ days in July are valid complaints, especially when this weekend was probably our best chance of it happening in the near future. 

Even tomorrow isn't a lock depending on the timing of the cold front and the extent of cloud debris from tonight's convection.

So what is the point of your responses? It's the banter/complaint thread.

True to the bolded, but it's doubtful given that an inversion cap will likely develop behind the MCS, limiting mixing heights. 

In any event, the fact that we've only had 1 90*F day despite being virtually half way through Summer (the average is 12 days per Summer) and the fact that we've had 0 90*F+ days in July are  valid complaint, especially when this weekend was probably our best chance of it happening in the near future. 

Even tomorrow isn't a lock depending on the timing of the cold front and the extent of cloud debris from tonight's convection.

So what is the point of your responses? It's the banter/complaint thread.

It's a cool summer whether we have 1 90 degree day or 2. Not worth getting all worked up about it if we don't make it today. My point is that it is an arbitrary number that really has no meaning especially on a day when the humidity is this high, it already feels well into the 90s.

It's a cool summer whether we have 1 90 degree day or 2. Not worth getting all worked up about it if we don't make it today. My point is that it is an arbitrary number that really has no meaning especially on a day when the humidity is this high, it already feels well into the 90s.

I wasn't aware that certain complaints were forbidden in the complaint thread.

I must have missed the memo.

I wasn't aware that certain complaints were forbidden in the complaint thread.

I must have missed the memo.

Not saying you can't complain, just saying it is a pointless complaint that you have no control over and honestly looks silly when our heat index is already well into the 90s.

Well considering you always complain about the same thing every year, it gets a bit tired to read.

You have the freedom not to read them. 

After now 3 cooler-than normal Summers, given that I prefer a Summer that a least has average heat, I'm going to vent my frustrations about it. I'm not sure why anyone else would be bothered by it. 

After now 3 cooler-than normal Summers, given that I prefer a Summer that a least has average heat, I'm going to vent my frustrations about it. I'm not sure why anyone else would be bothered by it. 

Just called the office, hit 90 8 minutes ago, so you can quit your complaining.

Jeez Louise, this is the best heat we've gotten in SEMI and SW Ontario since September 2013. You can't expect a 2011 or 2012 every year.

Sent from my GT-N8010

Just called the office, hit 90 8 minutes ago

As temps were only at 82*F at the 11am observation, mixing heights must be pretty darn impressive (and obviously exceeded my expectation) for the temps to have risen 8 degrees in 2 hours considering 850mb temps of only 18*C to 19*C and the high moisture content.

Either way, works for me.

Jeez Louise, this is the best heat we've gotten in SEMI and SW Ontario since September 2013. You can't expect a 2011 or 2012 every year.

Sent from my GT-N8010

It's not about expecting a 2011 or 2012 every year. It's about having a Summer that's cooler-than-normal for 3 consecutive years. Of course, which is on top of the cloudiest June Detroit ever had, the relative lack of severe weather and the very rainy pattern we've had.

There were others complaining about 2010-2012 being too hot, which are valid IMO (to each their own), but of course their posts weren't criticized nearly as much.

It's not about expecting a 2011 or 2012 every year. It's about having a Summer that's cooler-than-normal for 3 consecutive years. Of course, which is on top of the cloudiest June Detroit ever had, the relative lack of severe weather and the very rainy pattern we've had.

There were others complaining about 2010-2012 being too hot, which are valid IMO (to each their own), but of course their posts weren't criticized nearly as much.

So shouldn't you be happy we're getting hot and muggy wx this weekend? I don't understand lol.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

So shouldn't you be happy we're getting hot and muggy wx this weekend? I don't understand lol.

Sent from my GT-N8010

Not when it seems as though wrenches will be thrown into it (I.E. cloud debris cutting down on temps, faster cold front passage, etc, slower warm front progression, etc.).

Not when it seems as though wrenches will be thrown into it (I.E. cloud debris cutting down on temps, faster cold front passage, etc, slower warm front progression, etc.).

We were/are only forecast to hit 90 today and tomorrow, so far 1 for 1.

We were/are only forecast to hit 90 today and tomorrow, so far 1 for 1.

90*F+ potential was there yesterday too, but it didn't happen because of the persistent stratocumulus deck.

But the fact that we managed to eek our an intra-hour 90*F today will do. At least this setup won't be a complete fail in that regard.

90*F+ potential was there yesterday too, but it didn't happen because of the persistent stratocumulus deck.

But the fact that we managed to eek our an intra-hour 90*F today will do. At least this setup won't be a complete fail in that regard.

Potential doesn't matter, we weren't forecast to hit 90 yesterday and we didn't. Using forecast as expectation, we are 1 for 1 and look to be 2 for 2 after tomorrow.

Guys guys guys... This thread is for complaining. Not for statistical data.

I for one, hate that we get socked with debris clouds, slower warm frontal progression and earlier cold frontal passage too... It all adds up.

Now I have a buddy who lives in Ft. Wayne, and everytime I say "well, it's 68° under never ending stratus", he replies "holy sh**... really? It's been sunny all day down here and 87°.".... Yes that conversation happens just about every day. Including early this afternoon.

Powerball and I just want summer to pan out for a couple of days. That's all.

F-ck this severe weather season. It's July 19th and I'm sitting on one severe thunderstorm warning for the entirety of 2015. That's all I've got to say.

Heck, **** this entire Summer. You know this Summer has been disappointing when even average joes are complaining about it. The biggest complaints I've heard is this year has SUCKED for boating, it's always raining and there's a lack of sun.

At least 2013 and 2014, while cooler than normal, had SOME severe weather, weren't nearly as rainy nor were they nearly as cloudy.

Then again, our fate had already sealed by

1. The record amount rainfall that happened in the Central/Southern Plains.

2. Being downstream of the lakes with still well below average temps.

When factoring in the very cold Winter and the "meh" Spring we had , it was going to be hard to ever recover from the aforementioned things.

Archived