• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015 Spring/Summer Banter & complaint thread

dmc76

2000, 2003, 2004, 2009, 2013, & 2014 were all very pleasant summers with the A.C. needs way down from average.

2004 and 2009 really stick out for me. I remember one of the two or three 90 degree days that summer in 09, I just happened to be camped out at Hart Plaza for the fireworks show in late June. Probably was because of all the concrete and asphalt around, but I remember the clock right in the middle read 98F at one point before a lake breeze came in and pushed it down into the upper 80's, it was brutal.

Outside of that it felt like summer never got going. A far cry from two years earlier in 2007, when it felt like an endless summer.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2004 and 2009 really stick out for me. I remember one of the two or three 90 degree days that summer in 09, I just happened to be camped out at Hart Plaza for the fireworks show in late June. Probably was because of all the concrete and asphalt around, but I remember the clock right in the middle read 98F at one point before a lake breeze came in and pushed it down into the upper 80's, it was brutal.

Outside of that it felt like summer never got going. A far cry from two years earlier in 2007, when it felt like an endless summer.

The only legit severe weather event that August happened when we saw those 90*F+ highs in 2009, under the effects of that Summer's only heat ridge.

I wonder how underwhelming this latest batch of storms will be once they reach me, don't even get me started on May 11, that was just comedy. Today I had full destabilization and if nothing happens, that would be stupid because all the other times its cloudy for the "big setups".

EDIT: All I got was moderate rain that lasted 13 minutes or so and not a single flash or clap of thunder at all...nothing period  :D . Bravo 2015, you're starting to suck even more than 2000 did.

Disclaimer: This was posted in a thread on another board and removed due to personal bashing issues. I'm not trying to bash Reed, but you have to admit, he does occasionally go over the top. Anyway, I think it's funny.

attachicon.gifReedTimmerWedge.jpg

Reed in action with a "MASSIVE WEDGE"  :axe:

https://www.facebook.com/ReedTimmerTVN/videos/10153294511414169/

Well today started off as a summer day. It was 67°, humid and felt otherwise "summer like" outside.

Well well well, should've known that would be short lived... After quickly reaching our 70° high, I was outside working in the yard when a huge rush of wind came from the north and literally felt like winter. Just like that, the warmth was gone. Now in the 60°s with no humidity... What the hell did any of us do to deserve this?

We get an hour of summer like warmth, and pay for it with 48-72 hours of cold fall-like weather. I can already tell that come October this summer will be known as the "short summer/no summer".

CAn't buy a decent severe weather event for **** and can't buy a heatwave for ****.

If this is going to be the rule for the Summer, then let's just skip to Summer 2016...

At least temps should be above average for the next week.  80s do get boring though. 

? The storms really weren't expected to fire until later on.

It's pretty clear much isn't going to happen here between the storms now firing along a east-west line to the south (cutting off our inflow) and cloud cover still hanging around. I've seen this song and dance play out too many times before in the past.

Besides, last I checked, this is the banter thread.

CAn't buy a decent severe weather event for **** and can't buy a heatwave for ****.

If this is going to be the rule for the Summer, then let's just skip to Summer 2016...

It's not really our year for severe weather it seems. I've mostly abandoned my weather hobby until something interesting comes our way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my experience in SE Michigan, Detroit locally, any conditional threat originating from the SW should just be punted. We seem to do very well with SE moving storms, or even a due east moving MCS originating from Wisconsin.

On that note, storms originating from IN/IL seem to favor Mid-Michigan more than Metro Detroit.

Archived