joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Spring Banter Thread

HailMan06

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill be 'older' this summer but I guess Im a rare bird who loves the heat and the snow.  Give me nonstop winter Thanksgiving to St Pattys Day and give me summer in between.  Not a fan of the spring / fall.  To each his own.  Either way I enjoy tracking exciting weather.   

I love heat, humidity, and t-storms. I HATE the cold, and that hatred is growing year after year. I'm generally indifferent when it comes to snow, however, all these 40+ inch seasons we've had recently have made me grow to dislike it (immensely).

Ill be 'older' this summer but I guess Im a rare bird who loves the heat and the snow. Give me nonstop winter Thanksgiving to St Pattys Day and give me summer in between. Not a fan of the spring / fall. To each his own. Either way I enjoy tracking exciting weather.

I am with you. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who loves the heat of summer AND winter snowstorms. Long Island is a pretty good spot if you like both. Some of this forum either needs to find a beach/pool in the summer or move up north.

I suppose summer would be tolerable if we all had the luxury of dwelling by the pool with a beer day in and day out.

All I'm saying is that there are plenty of ways to enjoy the summer weather. Imagine if you like snowstorms as much as you like summer type weather. That's how I feel about it.

All I'm saying is that there are plenty of ways to enjoy the summer weather. Imagine if you like snowstorms as much as you like summer type weather. That's how I feel about it.

There's no denying the joys of having a few lobsters by the shore in Rhode Island, doing a little angling at a backwoods fishing hole, or milling around the county fair with ice cream in hand. For everything else—sleeping, working, mowing, exercising—the heat adds multiple degrees of difficulty and discomfort to your task. I mean, if you're into hiking, the dog days of summer are probably more restrictive than deep winter, and it goes without saying that summer is abysmally boring for weather watchers.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I used to like summer more when we a nice T-Storm season but we've been lacking a bit in that department.

Tstorms were my favorite weather events after snowstorms, I envy the plains/Midwest.

Until your house is destroyed by a tornado... Idk how anyone lives in tornado alley, knowing there's always a decent chance of your house being demolished

Until your house is destroyed by a tornado... Idk how anyone lives in tornado alley, knowing there's always a decent chance of your house being demolished

It's very unlikely. According to this, the odds of a US house east of the Rockies enduring destructive tornado winds in any given year are around 1 in ten million. Your chances should increase somewhat in the most active areas of the Plains, and non-tornadic thunderstorm damage is also something to consider, but non-annihilation is still highly favored.

I think most severe enthusiasts would readily take a 1:3,000,000 chance of losing their home if it meant easy access to some of the most chasable tornadoes in the world.

Wow you guys can't drive up here lol. I saw two accidents with my own eyes. Also y'all don't wait for anyone to cross the street! Love it up here though. We had a tour guide show us around. Didn't see the statue of liberty yet.

Prices are crazy up here compared to where I'm from. Its like everything is triple the cost.

Wow you guys can't drive up here lol. I saw two accidents with my own eyes. Also y'all don't wait for anyone to cross the street! Love it up here though. We had a tour guide show us around. Didn't see the statue of liberty yet.

Prices are crazy up here compared to where I'm from. Its like everything is triple the cost.

Where are you from?

Based on your use of "y'all" I assume you're from the South. Welcome to our subforum! :)

Edit: Just saw your post right above mine.

Archived