joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Spring Banter Thread

HailMan06

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's looks photoshopped as hell to me. I'm on my phone but the person looks all wrong proportionally to the rocks and of course the ice which would only form blocks that size I'm the arctic. More then likely it's only 2'

where's her shadow?

That's looks photoshopped as hell to me. I'm on my phone but the person looks all wrong proportionally to the rocks and of course the ice which would only form blocks that size I'm the arctic. More then likely it's only 2'

Looks fine to me. See that photographer's other photos for comparison (plus some other shots from around Cape Cod which seem to corroborate the size of the ice chunks). The lighting in the hotlinked image doesn't strike me as suspicious—the sun appears to have been overhead, so shadows are very short. The shadow cast by the figure's coat onto their leg looks consistent with shadows throughout the image. You can also see chromatic aberration (in this case, manifested in an artificial blue-green outline around some objects) on the ice, the rocks, and the person, so all elements were either in the original frame, or captured with the same lens under identical lighting.

The file has been edited in Photoshop (see exif data) but likely only to add the watermark and increase saturation. The colors are not how I would have processed them, but I strongly doubt any major element has been added to, or removed from, the image.

Totally fine! Your not trying to grow award winning roses. In fact dump as much excess soil as you can and just turn it over. You're going to lose some soil each season to erosion so I would add soil each spring or fall. Ideally you want at least a foot of good soil above the garbage. Compost is absolutely the best.

Ohh and wait till at least late April early may to plant normal veggies herbs. Ideally you want to be after your last annual frost or you're gonna have to start over. Looks like a cold period coming later in the month

Thank you, LBSF!  I only want to plant some spring greens, radishes, and the like as soon as I can.  And ... I opened my cold frame today, first time in six weeks, and, good heavens, the two cabbages inside are not only alive but have grown!  How is that even possible over a winter like this?

Sleeping with the window open tonight, quite nice.

Its nice to air out the place. I dont have any cross ventilation, so i need my windows open for hours to notice the non staleness of the new air. Open windows and a glade plug in and the place smells like new lol

I hope that they can verify this for the record books.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/10/europe/italy-possible-snow-record/

CNN)The next time the people of Capracotta, Italy, hear the folks in Boston complain about a snow season of more than 100 inches, they'll be like: "That's nice. We've been known to get that much in one day."

In 18 hours, actually.

It's not an official record yet, but it looks like the Italian village got 100.8 inches (256 centimeters) on Thursday, setting the all-time mark for most snow in 24 hours. Pescocostanzo, about 21 miles (34.6 kilometers) away, only got 94.5 inches (240 cm).

I hope that they can verify this for the record books.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/10/europe/italy-possible-snow-record/

CNN)The next time the people of Capracotta, Italy, hear the folks in Boston complain about a snow season of more than 100 inches, they'll be like: "That's nice. We've been known to get that much in one day."

In 18 hours, actually.

It's not an official record yet, but it looks like the Italian village got 100.8 inches (256 centimeters) on Thursday, setting the all-time mark for most snow in 24 hours. Pescocostanzo, about 21 miles (34.6 kilometers) away, only got 94.5 inches (240 cm).

So we are talking about 5-6 inch rates for 18 hours straight? Gota be some kind of crazy orographic lift going on here

CNN quoted an incorrect seasonal total to date for Boston. They have 105.7" so far, not 107.9".

But that is an INCREDIBLE amount of snow for such a short period of time for this Italian village....I hope the WMO is able to confirm it!

There had to be insane lake effect type instability/convection and qpf in that area. That is just unthinkable, most likely thunder and lightning galore while that was going on

There had to be insane lake effect type instability/convection and qpf in that area. That is just unthinkable, most likely thunder and lightning galore while that was going on

Thinking ocean effect coming off of the adriatic sea combined with the 4000' elevation and orographic lifing. ..unless like juliancolton says, its just fake effect lol 

Archived