joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think the 0Z run of the NAM before onset of the snow this past Thursday was comically worse... and maybe the 0Z run before the big event last Saturday. Even this past Sunday's event had an associated 0Z NAM meltdown. At least once per event.

Sunday's event was a meltdown all by itself

re city life vs burbs/country life.

i think the city life is nice if you're single and/or like convenience and not a big fan of having a car.

burbs/country life better for stability/space/comfort.

my problem is i like the advantages of both.  i found bethesda/arlington to be pretty good middle grounds in this area.

was in u street friday night.  fun area minus the 10 dollar drinks.  problem is that living in the city is silly expensive.  different if you're fresh out of school and don't care what type of place you live in or with whom.

From 2/21-- looks like 495 and GW Parkway. Check out from 1:45 onward! I knew the highways had issues, but I didn't realize how bad it was:

That's pretty wild...I saw pictures of the Beltway just north of Tysons and it looked terrible but the video is pretty nuts around 1:45 on.  Not sure how people thought they could drive their Chevy Malibu in that.

From 2/21-- looks like 495 and GW Parkway. Check out from 1:45 onward! I knew the highways had issues, but I didn't realize how bad it was:

Worst vehicle you can put on the road is a two wheel drive truck. You've got to weigh that rear end down or put on chains. I really don't know why people buy them without 4wd

Lulz

(3/2) Dear Parents and Guardians,

At this time, we anticipate an on-time start for school tomorrow as we strive to resume our regular academic calendar. However, the National Weather Service is forecasting the possibility of freezing rain or sleet for tomorrow and this could result in an early dismissal of classes or the cancellation of after school and/or evening activities in FCPS schools or on school grounds. Please monitor the FCPS website and Facebook and Twitter accounts, plus local media, and expect to receive a Keep in Touch message should we need to dismiss early or cancel after-school events. Thank you for working with us as we continue to cope with this difficult winter weather.

Karen K. Garza, Ph.D.
Superintendent of Schools

http://fcps.edu/index.shtml

I'm concerned about the unreadable trend in the event thread

I swear a lot of people use this board as their psychiatrist.....most are probably on the couch typing...oh woe is me...nam is right...it's over...why did I pay attention...no more wire hangers...I'm sorry mommy dearest

Archived