• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Banter Thread

H2O

Yeah..I'll take wet snow, but it's not the best. Give me powder any day.

It was a good storm but I mostly remember walking from the Post to the White House to take pics and getting totally soaked while it was snowing. As soon as it ended streets were rivers.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12-13 wasn't that bad.

11-12 was the only really bad one.  I'm not sure what other 2 years you are talking about.

My total for 12-13 is mostly based on a 5" or 6" storm on March 25th that melted in about 4 hours.  It sucked.  

I wonder what folks here would rather have....snowless winter or 2010 summer? We get laughed at for how we deal with snow...cancellations, grocery store chaos, etc., but I'd love to see Portland, ME or Burlington, VT deal with a summer like 2010 or 2011. 

Good news is we can still do cold. After 2010-12 summers and those winters it was becoming questionable. ;)

I wonder what folks here would rather have....snowless winter or 2010 summer? We get laughed at for how we deal with snow...cancellations, grocery store chaos, etc., but I'd love to see Portland, ME or Burlington, VT deal with a summer like 2010 or 2011. 

Snowless winter. That summer was hell.

So that basically means no matter which party you support you cannot patronize half of the businesses in this country. That does not seem to make much sense.

Not every business has someone like JB in house.

Ryan's twitter isn't very political.  I don't follow him, but I probably should as he has lots of good info.  JB's twitter is a laugh riot.  

Yes. 10 in the AP poll and 9 in the coaches poll. Best day in 12 years around these parts. If they win their last 2 games and the Big 10 tournament they wil be a 2 seed. I am excited.

If they win the next two regular season games and win the BIG tournament, depending on what Villanova and Duke do, they would be in the conversation for a #1 seed.  Obviously they're on the outside looking in right now, but if Nova or Duke stumble and Terps win out, including winning the BIG tournament, they'd have a shot for sure.

If they win the next two regular season games and win the BIG tournament, depending on what Villanova and Duke do, they would be in the conversation for a #1 seed.  Obviously they're on the outside looking in right now, but if Nova or Duke stumble and Terps win out, including winning the BIG tournament, they'd have a shot for sure.

Nebraska is a big trap game. All 5 of their conference wins are at home and we all know how MD plays on the road. I will breath a lot easier if we win that game. A #1 seed is a longshot but definitely a possibility still.

So that basically means no matter which party you support you cannot patronize half of the businesses in this country. That does not seem to make much sense.

who cares why he chooses what he does -- what business is it of yours?

12-13 was awful here. I don't remember my total for the year but it was under 10". DCA didn't break the 2" drought streak until Jan 2014.

I did pretty crappy in March 2013. Areas further west like you/iad/jyo did much better.

12/13 *was* pretty bad here, but you probably did crack 10"-- Norbeck 1ESE: 11.7", Potomac 4NNE: 10.1", Olney 1S: 12.9", Clarksburg 2ENE: 24.0", Rockville 2W: 13.1", Glenmont 1NNE: 9.9", Gaithersburg 2WNW: 15.4", Forest Glen: 10.9" 

As bad as 3/6 turned out, we did manage ~2" from that, and then ~4" from the 3/25 event. 

Nebraska is a big trap game. All 5 of their conference wins are at home and we all know how MD plays on the road. I will breath a lot easier if we win that game. A #1 seed is a longshot but definitely a possibility still.

Personally, I'd rather them lose in the big 10 tourney in the semis and get a 3 or 4 seed.  It would be a sick run, and too much to ask in my opinion, to win the big 10 AND the ncaa.

Archived