SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12/13 *was* pretty bad here, but you probably did crack 10"-- Norbeck 1ESE: 11.7", Potomac 4NNE: 10.1", Olney 1S: 12.9", Clarksburg 2ENE: 24.0", Rockville 2W: 13.1", Glenmont 1NNE: 9.9", Gaithersburg 2WNW: 15.4", Forest Glen: 10.9"

As bad as 3/6 turned out, we did manage ~2" from that, and then ~4" from the 3/25 event.

You're probably right. The ese norbeck spotter is the closest to my house and I usually use that station to verify my measurements are decent. The year sucked for sledding. That's for sure. My son was pissed. The bitter pills were the storms that busted in March. The sinking feeling was strong that month.

Personally, I'd rather them lose in the big 10 tourney in the semis and get a 3 or 4 seed.  It would be a sick run, and too much to ask in my opinion, to win the big 10 AND the ncaa.

I hear you. It may not be a bad idea to win the next 2 games and then lose in the Big10 championship game and we could still get a #2 seed. If we win our next 2 and lose in the semis i still think we will get a 3 seed.

I hear you. It may not be a bad idea to win the next 2 games and then lose in the Big10 championship game and we could still get a #2 seed. If we win our next 2 and lose in the semis i still think we will get a 3 seed.

If they win the last two, I think a 3 is a lock.  Don't they get a bye until the quarterfinals in the big 10?

Not every business has someone like JB in house.

I have never read any of his pieces and have access to it. I've trolled him on Twitter before in the past.. so Ryan is at least open minded. :P  IMO Maue is too smart and influential to ignore because of any feelings about the group... he's actually a pretty nice guy, at least in my interactions. Obv anyone not my job to get people to sign up.. most models are avail for free and workable that way unless you want the frills and ease of everything being in one spot. I doubt most of their money is coming from models anyway.. it probably mainly pays for itself.

I'm starting to get pumped for the first time in years, however the travel over the next 2 weeks is a bit concerning. 2 road games to finish the regular season then off to Chicago for the conf. tourney then off to wherever they are sent for the first round of the big dance. Ideal situation would be to win last 2 conf. games then win first round in conf. tourney. I think that asures a 3 seed even with a loss in the conference semis. Then hopefully they aren't sent to far and get to play on Friday in order to get an extra day of rest and preparation.

I'm starting to get pumped for the first time in years, however the travel over the next 2 weeks is a bit concerning. 2 road games to finish the regular season then off to Chicago for the conf. tourney then off to wherever they are sent for the first round of the big dance. Ideal situation would be to win last 2 conf. games then win first round in conf. tourney. I think that asures a 3 seed even with a loss in the conference semis. Then hopefully they aren't sent to far and get to play on Friday in order to get an extra day of rest and preparation.

Yes the travel is a bit of a concern. I think they get sent to Pittsburgh. Hopefully it is a Friday game.

I have never read any of his pieces and have access to it. I've trolled him on Twitter before in the past.. so Ryan is at least open minded. :P  IMO Maue is too smart and influential to ignore because of any feelings about the group... he's actually a pretty nice guy, at least in my interactions. Obv anyone not my job to get people to sign up.. most models are avail for free and workable that way unless you want the frills and ease of everything being in one spot. I doubt most of their money is coming from models anyway.. it probably mainly pays for itself.

I don't nearly have the problem with Ryan as I do with JB.  I also respect Ryan sticking it out for his PhD.  Still, some of the tweets, some of the sly decisions on how they display things, just rubs me the wrong way.  I did at least appreciate that Ryan tweeted (which I got from your re-tweet) the fact that Feb was the warmest month globally in several years on the temp series that he uses (inferior, but real-time).

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/191966#.VPTWKJjF9A8

You guys realise I was just messing around for banter'purposes. But I do take this stuff serious. Definitely an article worth reading. I also take climate change seriously, but there is not much else to be said on that front.

It's not something you can respond to in a reasonable way on any timescale that the ordinary person cares about.

Report: Obama Threatened to Shoot Down IAF Iran Strike
Kuwaiti paper claims unnamed Israeli minister with good ties with the US administration 'revealed the attack plan to John Kerry.'

I think the 18z NAM cliff diving was probably the worst we've seen this winter off one run of the NAM...

I actually think the 0Z run of the NAM before onset of the snow this past Thursday was comically worse... and maybe the 0Z run before the big event last Saturday. Even this past Sunday's event had an associated 0Z NAM meltdown. At least once per event. 

Archived