Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb. 26 Storm DISC+OBS

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Light snow after a burst of mod. Instant road stickage.

Looks like a nice band is moving into dc right now.

Bob, green 20-25 dbZ bands are stabilizing over me, DC and likely Rockville by now! Looks like at least half inch an hour rates. We might see a few 30 dbZ rates, has not happened yet

From the way that band is building, some parts of North and Central Maryland look to get a piece of this as well, obviously south MD is getting crushed right now in places

It's having trouble accumulating on the road, but the bands seem to be setting up perfectly for many of us.

To me these late season snows the street stickage isn't as important...it's about stat padding...I'd like this to be a 30" season if possible. Side streets gave up fast though

Band is building and stabilizing west into Leesburg, possibly into Route 7 and Route 9

Loudoun County schools saw that band and just now threw in the towel to join places farther to the south (PW, Stafford, Spotsylvania, Caroline, all of southern MD) in closing.

They just sent another truck down The Hill Of Doom, preparing for all the parents trying to drag their kids into Arlington County schools later this morning.

Snow now Moderate. All covered. 28.6F. Impressive start here

WUNIDS_map.gif

just got up 15 minutes ago to light snow that had just started, but now it's coming down steadily with very nice flake size

do I see pivot an that radar?

the slp is still well south of us off the SC coast.....too bad it's moving ENE instead of NNE/NE

Archived