joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 26 Storm DISC+OBS

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now I remember what this storm reminds me of radar-wise....it was the surprise storm in Dec. 1982 where 6-8" fell

it had that feed of precip right up the Apps too

I remember watching Channel 7 in DC w/a met by the name of Sam Houston Allred and he said the models say it will miss us but it sure looks like we might get something....lol he wasn't kidding

Sure that wasn't Gordon Barnes?

Agreed- NW flank quickly drying up and robbed of moisture.  Radar trends are very discouraging, and validate the 01z massacre this evening when NAM/HRRR cancelled and reversed the north edge encroachment. 

COD radar looks disappointing as it had that band of precip heading our way go from moving NNE to E and fizzled out on the northwestern flank

Guys unfortunately the radar may look good but it is a sh*tload of virga man it has been "snowing" here for over a good 45 min to an hour problem is it's been snowing up in the damn clouds. It'll take a lot to really get going up there but hopefully it overperforms.

dry air aloft

look at the -48.5C dp at 821mb on the 7PM sounding at ROA

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/cgi-bin/gen_uacalplt.cgi?id=KRNK&pl=out3&cu=la&pt=parcel&size=640x480

"My phone radar is giving me unrealistic ideas about this storm"

dude you sound a little bit like Sam Berkowitz

I really wish that wxbug would get rid of the weenie radar and get a realistic radar. My phone radar is giving me unrealistic ideas about this storm.

not sure, but 70's and 80's tv mets are a bit of a blur

Gordon Barnes is, however, unforgettable

We've had our share in Baltimore of good and bad but the worst was Norm Lewis by far. How he kept a job in Baltimore for over 30 years was unbelievable. I hate to bash mets or anybody for that matter but boy I couldn't stand him.

We've had our share in Baltimore of good and bad but the worst was Norm Lewis by far. How he kept a job in Baltimore for over 30 years was unbelievable. I hate to bash mets or anybody for that matter but boy I couldn't stand him.

he wasn't a real met

he used to come by a printer next to my office back in the early 90's and we had a mutual friend so he's stop in now and then

he had a home inspection business; his experience was in construction and he told me while in that business, got involved with some tv in Florida, I believe, and had an interest in weather so he got is AMS seal

I agree, he was useless

he used to live in Pasadena, that's why I ran across him, but he moved up to Dulaney Valley I think

"wont amount to a hill of beans"...and..."snain"

I wasnt a fan either.

he wasn't a real met

he used to come by a printer next to my office back in the early 90's and we had a mutual friend so he's stop in now and then

he had a home inspection business; his experience was in construction and he told me while in that business, got involved with some tv in Florida, I believe, and had an interest in weather so he got is AMS seal

I agree, he was useless

he used to live in Pasadena, that's why I ran across him, but he moved up to Dulaney Valley I think

Basically a glorified Marty Bass. How did get away with claiming he was a met. Unreal.

"wont amount to a hill of beans"...and..."snain"

I wasnt a fan either.

How could we forget snain.

Archived