joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 26 Storm DISC+OBS

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

interesting how that precip from the n/s system is starting to get real close to the precip involved with our southern stream system

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/centgrtlakes_loop.php

I think that the ns energy is contributing to snowband development on the backside of the southern stream shield. That could be interesting later. But first, we need to overcome the dry air aloft

18z High-res RGEM continues to be snowier than the RGEM, and it has the Rockville superband. 

I've only been following it for the last couple of storms.  It has been wetter than the RGEM, but the RGEM has been too dry around here for each of those storms.  In the last storm the high-res was way too wet at first, but close to game time it hasn't been bad.

uZ0gdsb.gif

18z High-res RGEM continues to be snowier than the RGEM, and it has the Rockville superband. 

I've only been following it for the last couple of storms.  It has been wetter than the RGEM, but the RGEM has been too dry around here for each of those storms.  In the last storm the high-res was way too wet at first, but close to game time it hasn't been bad.

uZ0gdsb.gif

Since much of this forum are lower than the map, is there a map lower than that?

looking at surface reports from down south, they have been unimpressive...even NC no big deal

and there are only 2 stations reporting any precip in VA, Wise and Danville both reporting -S despite the radar

not too exciting to say the least

Imagine if all the echoes come over us and it moistens just enough for scattered flurries lol

interesting how that precip from the n/s system is starting to get real close to the precip involved with our southern stream system

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/centgrtlakes_loop.php

Not that is likely to have any meaningful impact on our weather, but I'm actually shocked to see the precip breaking out in Ohio that not a single model has picked up. It really brings in to question the usefulness of this high precision modeling.. I've been it be off by 25-50 miles before, but never like this in recent memory.

For those thinking this is going to phase though, simply not going to happen. 0 chance whatsoever. Just looked at a WV loop and the alignment is all wrong. The two shortwaves are completely out of phase and one will only act to move the other along in the stream.The angles need to be different from what they are.

Since much of this forum are lower than the map, is there a map lower than that?

There might be on one of the paid sites, but I don't know of one on any of the free sites.  The site I got that from is Canadian, so we're actually looking at the "Quebec" map.  MD and DC just happen to be on it. 

The high-res RGEM is an experimental regional product, so it's possible that it doesn't cover areas much beyond the borders of that map.

Archived