Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb. 26 Storm DISC+OBS

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C

Considering Loudoun closed, Fairfax will probably close.

Considering road temperatures didn't really seem to cool too much overnight, perhaps due to pre-treating, really going to have to snow hard once sunrise hits to be a major issue with roads.  I know we don't like to admit it here, but starting about now is when even moderate snowstorms rarely amount to much road accumulation during the daylight hours, especially in the city and immediate suburbs.

The Roads have officially caved here in Crystal City and are covered in snow (which is usually the last place next to Downtown DC to do so when temps are around freezing) ... rates are very good here, and have been so for the last 30 minutes.   I like the radar returns I'm seeing around the immediate DC metro area...and the back edge of the snow is staying west of Rte 29 all the way down to Lynchburg, VA...which is a good sign for us considering the current trajectory of the precipitation on the radar.  

I also see that the Low has deepened to 996mb off the SC/NC coastline...which I take as another positive sign. 

Someone in the SE forum posted this:  The 996 Low Pressure is sitting over the Pamlico Sound right now instead of just off the coast. That 25-30 mile difference had a huge impact on the r/s line.

The old snow here looks nice with a new coating on it!  Getting ready to catch the MARC to DC - hoping DC gets to 3".

The Roads have officially caved here in Crystal City and are covered in snow (which is usually the last place next to Downtown DC to do so when temps are around freezing) ... rates are very good here, and have been so for the last 30 minutes.   I like the radar returns I'm seeing around the immediate DC metro area...and the back edge of the snow is staying west of Rte 29 all the way down to Lynchburg, VA...which is a good sign for us considering the current trajectory of the precipitation on the radar.  

I also see that the Low has deepened to 996mb off the SC/NC coastline...which I take as another positive sign. 

The top of my hill in the distance now looks white.

Someone in the SE forum posted this:  The 996 Low Pressure is sitting over the Pamlico Sound right now instead of just off the coast. That 25-30 mile difference had a huge impact on the r/s line.

The old snow here looks nice with a new coating on it!  Getting ready to catch the MARC to DC - hoping DC gets to 3".

just no on location of slp

http://weather.unisys.com/surface/sfc_con.php?image=pr&inv=0&t=cur&expanddiv=hide_bar

Archived