• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 18-19 Arctic Attack OBS

Wow

At KATL just south of the city, the 850s were down to an incredibly cold -19 C per the attached from RAP! We'll see if this verifies as accurate. The coldest I've ever been able to find since 1948 was only barely colder at -21 C! I expect big busts on highs today.

http://weather.rap.ucar.edu/upper/upaRAOB_850.gif

Still only 10.0 at 9:24 AM here just north of ATL, my coldest!!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Gawx, agree with you on the bust for highs. Will probably end up at 50 or 60 instead of 43 like the forecast says.

GFS has us at a high of 36 today.

metal,

Never mind that your low wasn't as cold as forecast. You may not get out of the 30's in AYS this afternoon being that 850's are expected to stay down near a very cold -12C through 1 PM and only inch up to -10C at 7 PM! If I were to assume a -12C rise from the warmer 7 PM 850, I still get only +2 C/36 F. You were 41 at midnight. So, I'm betting 41 will end up being your high.

Inched up to a balmy 11.1 here as of 9:45 AM after a low of 10.0 here north of ATL.

I think it was going to be hard to hit really cold lows the first morning. The front would have had to come through earlier on Wednesday. That's fine. I don't think it indicates that all this cold is going to bust, just that it was delayed for the same reasons as always: mountains and karma.

Archived