• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 18-19 Arctic Attack OBS

Wow

21 degrees here and winds are between 5-7mph. The record is 19, so it's within grasping distance   ;)   I'd like to see the winds diminish though    :icecream:

You just beat me to it.  :)

Something has definitely changed in the past 30 minutes because I held at 24 for around 2 hours, and now I have dropped to 21 in the past 20 minutes.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never wanted you to hit 19 , so bad!! Please?????

In at 15.8

Hahaha! Not gonna happen.

Temperature actually going up. 32 now. I'm done. Its clear skies and no wind.

NWS Jax going with record breaking cold tonight. Possibly the coldest in a decade.

...RECORD BREAKING COLD OVERNIGHT...

.UPDATE...

VERY COLD AIR MASS OVER THE REGION WITH HIGHS TODAY ONLY IN THE

LOW TO MID 40S WHICH IS MADE EVEN MORE IMPRESSIVE GIVEN THAT WE

HAD AN ENTIRE DAY OF FULL SUN. TONIGHTS TEMPERATURES WILL BE THE

COLDEST WE HAVE SEEN IN AT LEAST A FEW YEARS...AND SEVERAL

LOCATIONS MAY QUITE POSSIBLY END UP WITH THE COLDEST TEMPERATURES

IN OVER A DECADE.

ALTHOUGH THE JACKSONVILLE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT HAS DROPPED INTO

THE LOW 20S AT LEAST 10 TIMES IN THE PAST 5 YEARS (MOST FREQUENTLY

IN 2010 AND 2012) THE JAX AIRPORT HAS NOT OFFICIALLY DROPPED INTO

THE TEENS SINCE JANUARY 24TH 2003. IT IS CERTAINLY POSSIBLE THAT

IT WILL HAPPEN TONIGHT...CONSIDERING NEARLY ALL OF THE GUIDANCE

INSISTS ON LOWS IN THE TEENS FOR MOST INLAND LOCATIONS. THE WIND

IS THE MAIN INHIBITING FACTOR BUT GIVEN THE STRONG CONSENSUS AND

CURRENT TEMPERATURE TREND WE HAVE LOWERED OVERNIGHT LOWS ANOTHER

DEGREE OR TWO...WHICH YIELDS UPPER TEENS ACROSS OUR INLAND ZONES.

For what it's worth, it's damn cold in Western PA and NE OH right now. I saw a -17 on wunderground.

Not sure how well 2m temps verify on the RAP, but it has suddenly dropped most of NC Piedment into subzero territory by 7 AM.  Most likely too aggressive as it brings me to 0 by midnight.

eOvwKe4.gif

I know some areas out there are over 500' above sea level, which is high for this area, so I could see some internal valleys dropping up there.  There is definitely some type of separation north of Columbia and south.  Single digits above Charlotte already, and Columbia and Charleston are about the same.  Columbia is a special warm place.

Downtown  and the towns  immediately around are always warmer than the surrounding towns and cities. Blythewood is 500+ feet above msl, and Ridgeway is over 600 feet above MSL. It can have significant impacts on who gets rain, and who gets ice/snow. Winds have died down and its now 14F.

Hahaha! Not gonna happen.

Temperature actually going up. 32 now. I'm done. Its clear skies and no wind.

NWS Jax going with record breaking cold tonight. Possibly the coldest in a decade.

...RECORD BREAKING COLD OVERNIGHT...

.UPDATE...

VERY COLD AIR MASS OVER THE REGION WITH HIGHS TODAY ONLY IN THE

LOW TO MID 40S WHICH IS MADE EVEN MORE IMPRESSIVE GIVEN THAT WE

HAD AN ENTIRE DAY OF FULL SUN. TONIGHTS TEMPERATURES WILL BE THE

COLDEST WE HAVE SEEN IN AT LEAST A FEW YEARS...AND SEVERAL

LOCATIONS MAY QUITE POSSIBLY END UP WITH THE COLDEST TEMPERATURES

IN OVER A DECADE.

ALTHOUGH THE JACKSONVILLE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT HAS DROPPED INTO

THE LOW 20S AT LEAST 10 TIMES IN THE PAST 5 YEARS (MOST FREQUENTLY

IN 2010 AND 2012) THE JAX AIRPORT HAS NOT OFFICIALLY DROPPED INTO

THE TEENS SINCE JANUARY 24TH 2003. IT IS CERTAINLY POSSIBLE THAT

IT WILL HAPPEN TONIGHT...CONSIDERING NEARLY ALL OF THE GUIDANCE

INSISTS ON LOWS IN THE TEENS FOR MOST INLAND LOCATIONS. THE WIND

IS THE MAIN INHIBITING FACTOR BUT GIVEN THE STRONG CONSENSUS AND

CURRENT TEMPERATURE TREND WE HAVE LOWERED OVERNIGHT LOWS ANOTHER

DEGREE OR TWO...WHICH YIELDS UPPER TEENS ACROSS OUR INLAND ZONES.

I wouldn't give up yet.  There is definitely some type of surge of colder air coming south from North Carolina.  I sat at 24 just northwest of Columbia for 2 hours, then dropped 3 degrees in a matter of 20 minutes.  

Model forecast lows tonight for Waycross GA.

HRRR:30.

RGEM:10

ECMWF:24

GFS:27

CMC:17

RAP:30

NAM:27

4K NAM:26

UKMET:24

Disaster. NWS went with 20. I'm model hugging whichever model is correct forever. The RGEM must think we have snow on the ground or something. Also not sure what model NWS JAX uses because none of the models show Jacksonville getting into the teens or even close. Maybe the RGEM. HRRR and RAP don't move the temperatures any tonight.

Downtown  and the towns  immediately around are always warmer than the surrounding towns and cities. Blythewood is 500+ feet above msl, and Ridgeway is over 600 feet above MSL. It can have significant impacts on who gets rain, and who gets ice/snow. Winds have died down and its now 14F.

This is true, but one thing that drives me nuts is the fact they use CAE as the reporting station for Lexington.  I live near the dam and I am consistently 3-5 degrees colder than the airport.  Anytime the mets show the regional temperatures, Lexington is always the warmest, when in fact it isn't.  Very misleading.

20F

I wouldn't give up yet.  There is definitely some type of surge of colder air coming south from North Carolina.  I sat at 24 just northwest of Columbia for 2 hours, then dropped 3 degrees in a matter of 20 minutes.

Something similar in Easley tonight. Now 9.7. That's a 5.3 degree drop in about 80 minutes! If this continues I'll be able to give zero a run for its money! Doesn't seem to be happening all around the upstate though. GSP still at 14. Seeing some single digits on the outskirts of Greenville though, 8 in Simpsonville, and some 9s around too.

This is true, but one thing that drives me nuts is the fact they use CAE as the reporting station for Lexington.  I live near the dam and I am consistently 3-5 degrees colder than the airport.  Anytime the mets show the regional temperatures, Lexington is always the warmest, when in fact it isn't.  Very misleading.

20F

I agree. I no longer go by the airports. They use Owens field for my area, which is a big joke. My weather is more like Newberry, Winnsboro,and Camden. I am over 30 miles North of KCAE, and over 20 from Owens field.

Archived