joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 16-17th Storm II

stormtracker

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For godssake, buck up. I am in the same potential screw zone as those north of bwi, but it's time to stop worrying over it and watch radar. I think we can score at least four of cold powder up here which will be a lot of fun. We went watch to warning for the first time this year, and now need to verify it.

Fingers crossed. Time to stop complaining.

it all comes down to how fast that vort in SE Canada moves out

the faster it does, the more qpf

12Z could go either way, but it won't won't be by a ton

I think the dry air out this way is gonna be a bear. It keeps showing a nose of dry air that lowers the precip about .15 to .25 inches. We have to take note.

that is western Loudoun/ Winchester areas and up into Frederick County 

the last pd storm in 2003 had air temps of 10 degrees and we got 2ft of snow in an over running event, alaska is colder and they get monster storms

Looks like the few hours before and after 1am will have the best rates. It's a pretty sharp drop in VVs north of DCA. We'll see if the 12z nam moves the area of best lift. S MD/Northern Neck/Central VA are going to get raked good for a while. 

attachicon.gifvvs.JPG

aint going to worry about it we get what we get, enjoy the storm!! btw very interesting exhibit you have there also thanks for all the effort you put into this board. I personally enjoy reading your thoughts . Many thanks from me. Peace

Archived