joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 16-17th Storm II

stormtracker

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final call. No real changes in our region, except slightly lower totals in southeastern VA near the NC border. If you squint, you may have noticed the 8-12" line move a couple of miles closer to DC.

attachicon.gif20150216-17_MAsnow_final.png

If I interpolate correctly looks like about 5" for Westminster/Parkton/Manchester.

Predicting the exact location of heavy bands is next to impossible. Those that get into those bands that persist will be jackpot zones. Areas that remain in weak to moderate lift are going to be in the battle zone. I think there will be a sharp cutoff and might be south of the M/D line.

yea this is how the january 6 (?) clipper was.  i was in on that moderate band with temps in the mid 20s and it produced.  it was an easy 4" that morning.  with rates...at these temps...that's just easy.  predicting those moderate bands...not easy.

Yeesh.  Sounds similar to the RGEM, and I think it's drier like last night too, compared to the other guidance.

It had a suppression bias last winter, but it (and RGEM) did act as a good cautionary tale on at least one of the events in terms of pulling the trigger on huge totals...I wouldn't weight it too much though if the rest of the guidance is closer clustered

Archived