joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 16-17th Storm II

stormtracker

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be interested to see if the NAM goes for the RAP idea of bringing the slp to the TN/VA border, then redeveloping it off the coast

that would be better for DCA/BWI

here's the latest RAP just before it redevelops it

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?image=data%2Frap%2F12%2Frap_namer_017_precip_p01.gif&model=rap&area=namer&storm=&cycle=12&param=precip_p01&fhr=017&group=Model+Guidance&imageSize=M&ps=model&use_mins=no&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20150216+12+UTC&scrollx=0&scrolly=0

NAM tracks and redevelops slp a bit south from 6z. Northern extent and jackpot has shifted a bit south on the run. 

That is not what I am looking for this close to gametime.

There was that event in 12/13 winter that we were supposed to cash in on up here and had a similar end-game shift - with the low transfer robbing moisture on the northern and western fringes. We are close enough up here that these kind of shifts are irritating.

That is not what I am looking for this close to gametime.

There was that event in 12/13 winter that we were supposed to cash in on up here and had a similar end-game shift - with the low transfer robbing moisture on the northern and western fringes. We are close enough up here that these kind of shifts are irritating.

Could just be noise. We're in chips fall mode now anyways. There aren't going to be any big surprises at this point. Guidance is tight

12Z NAM dropping the .25" and .50" contours slightly south from it's previous 2 runs...to where the .50" line cuts through the District and along route 50.

Models are beginning to take into account the strong strong strong cold dry Siberian airmass over us and may make a few small last second tweaks. I mean, I am 12 degrees with a -9 degree dewpoint along with a steady flow of air from the north at 10-14mph. This is super cold DRY air. Well, whatever I get, I'll take it.

Models are beginning to concede to the strong strong strong cold dry Siberian airmass over us.

and it's the same thing that's going to allow us to maximize a 0.3 to 0.7 QPF storm through above-normal ratios -- it's all one in the same, let's enjoy our cold fluff

Archived