Newest Member
    joxey
February 16-17th Storm II

stormtracker

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Ian.

Not a bad run at all though that N edge has been hurting a bit today even with some increase in QPF elsewhere. The cold is legit. But.. still better here than having max north to close. Plus you might get 20:1 ratios.

You are correct, i already am. Seemingly all 0z runs have cut back here.If this trend keeps up im gonna cry. To close to the start to have rug pulled out from under.

We are basically one major model run (12z) away from the storm... We should be happy with our 3-5 with a max of 7 here.  It will be the best storm we have had so far and it will be sticking around for a while.

0z models for DC - 

NAM: 0.71"

GFS: 0.47"

GGEM: ~0.23"

UKMET: ~0.62"

RGEM: ~0.51"

EURO - ~ 0.55

Euro is .6ish for DC.. prob not much higher but .6 shows up near Silver Spring too.

I think partly the globals are just catching on to a tighter northern edge.

Not a bad run at all though that N edge has been hurting a bit today even with some increase in QPF elsewhere. The cold is legit. But.. still better here than having max north to close. Plus you might get 20:1 ratios.

Like i said in the banter thread i bet we measure 5-7" Tuesday morning and that is more than fine by me. Hell 4-6" is fine as well.

Like i said in the banter thread i bet we measure 5-7" Tuesday morning and that is more than fine by me. Hell 4-6" is fine as well.

I'm still bullish. Probably thru your area tho someone's going to be unhappy on that edge.. Hopefully people who aren't supposed to be in our sub forum.

I'm still bullish. Probably thru your area tho someone's going to be unhappy on that edge.. Hopefully people who aren't supposed to be in our sub forum.

Hopefully that's not me. But for some reason at the end Northern MD almost always does well. Either way you are in a great spot and for the first time in a while i am a little envious.

Archived