• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Valentine's Day Massacre Obs--A snow job or does it only blow?

moneypitmike

Well most people not from the area have no idea where in the sam hell route 32 is..It's easier to use a major interstate as it generally does work out that way..just like north of Pike/south of pike or north or south of the Merritt. The weather follows the highways

Well its pretty clear that the western side of the warnings will fall a bit short. Central and eastern areas will verify nicely so some of us are not being Debbies back this way, just realistic. The posters who were jumping yesterday out in eastern mass were really the debbies in this situation.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess this is no longer your fathers gfs. This one has performed in 2 major events outperforming the euro.

This was quite the equation for models to break down.

Not really surprised there was such a disagreement between models. To me it spoke to the intensity this storm would bring to specific locations.

It did, which is why I got a few jokes from staying with 8-12 from friends. I got nervous, but thought it would be ok. I actually felt better that Will agreed. 

The 09z-15z QPF outputs never made much sense to me as most guidance was slapping saturated ML layer over E SNE with a rapdily deepening H7 low over the islands and developing some good inflow...it didn't make sense when they were spitting out 0.10-0.20 from that stuff. Those few runs of the GFS made the most sense when they were closer to 0.50" for that period.

The 09z-15z QPF outputs never made much sense to me as most guidance was slapping saturated ML layer over E SNE with a rapdily deepening H7 low over the islands and developing some good inflow...it didn't make sense when they were spitting out 0.10-0.20 from that stuff. Those few runs of the GFS made the most sense when they were closer to 0.50" for that period.

I wonder why though? I don't get it.

Glad I never "cweated" this one. We've already "clinched" the BOX's updated totals. Good times.

Visibility still several hundred feet. Didn't experience any thunder though.

Too funny.

I guess this is no longer your fathers gfs. This one has performed in 2 major events outperforming the euro.

And, the GFS products are so much more accessible.  USA, USA, USA!!!

11.6/9

SN, breezy

Archived