• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Valentine's Day Massacre Obs--A snow job or does it only blow?

moneypitmike

Heaviest of the morning here now.. Temp went up from 11.3 to 13.5

Yeah, I see on Wunderground that all the Tolland stations are between 14.1 and 15.5 after having been lower earlier.

We had a similar thing happen here where we were 10.0 at midnight and then climbed to 14.7 at 3:30 (which looks like the time you had your low).  It's been ticking down since then--slowly but steadily.

11.3/9

SN

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ASOS usually under-reports in snow...esp heavy snow.

We'll get a better idea with cocorahs reports what the ratios are. They are def good ratios but probably not 20-25 to 1.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too.  It's not thew stuff Brian got last night but it's not what I saw last night either.  Somewhere in between.

Noticed that...bit worrisome.

The heavy stuff will be ending in the next hour or two...probably some lighter steady stuff for a while after that.

This isn't a stationary band hanging out for 6-8 hours...if it was, this would have been an easy call for 18-24"...but this is too progressive.

Look guys, have been into this stuff since I could draw and I have never ever not seen low sub 520 closed bowling ball 5 h passing south of us not produce warning level snow. Kevin knows I preach this and will forever. I had to chuckle at the Major Tom and 498 posts, all I can say is . This is Major Tom to ground control.......

Well its pretty clear that the western side of the warnings will fall a bit short. Central and eastern areas will verify nicely so some of us are not being Debbies back this way, just realistic. The posters who were jumping yesterday out in eastern mass were really the debbies in this situation.

thank god for a voice of reason out here

The traffic light that you can barely see in the first shot is 300 feet from my window. Visibility is .1 sm at best. What separates this from the blizzard and the other two biggies is that this is massive flakes with awesome snow growth unlike the last few, just pillows of fluff coming down right now.

post-8652-0-28839000-1424003761_thumb.jp

post-8652-0-78332500-1424003772_thumb.jp

Look guys, have been into this stuff since I could draw and I have never ever not seen low sub 520 closed bowling ball 5 h passing south of us not produce warning level snow. Kevin knows I preach this and will forever. I had to chuckle at the Major Tom and 498 posts, all I can say is . This is Major Tom to ground control.......

Things we've never seen before...... :whistle:

For Connecticut where I said they'd get up to 2" locally 3" additional east of 91 which doesn't seem like a bad call. I told Ray he was getting 5"+ additional and said the same for BOS and that seems to be verifying nicely.

BOS as of 7 am is +7 for round 2 and obviously counting.

I am asking a favor. Go easy on Cweat. He is knowledgeable and just went with his gut

Love when he busts low though

Did he go easy on us for the last three days? No. He made this forum unbearable for a lot of us...not just me. I'll take Rev Kev over him any day, not for science alone but just to make life enjoyable.

We were never supposed to be in the heart of possibility. So it doesn't count, really. It's like saying the the EURO validated in Scanton, PA. Well, so did every other model.

Wrong. We were projected to be in the heart if it with the CCB expanding west and than pulled out by the GFS. It did great overall and nailed eastern areas but failed here.

Archived