• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Comebacks

HoarfrostHubb

If I can get 12+ from this, it will have risen from the ranks of D- a couple weeks ago to a solid C.  Add in the potential cold at the end of the week, could even eek out a C+/B-.  Beyond that, there are some models hopes for continued improvement.  Since you're a teacher, though, you know how potential sometimes is realized, and sometimes not.

06-07. Thru mid-January it was heading toward the warmest and least snowy winter on record. Turned cold in 2nd half, then learned to snow in Feb, finishing with an April that blew the doors off the snowfall records for that month. Snow thru Jan 31: 19". Snow Feb-Apr: 76".

04-05 works, too. A week into Feb I had not seen a single snowfall 3.5" or greater. Then 60" in 31 days from 5 storms, starting with 21" (and thunder) Feb 10-11.

• 2 weeks later...

Boston's 10 snowiest months (includes today's 2.4" snow):

1. February 2015: 61.5"

2. January 2005: 43.3"

3. February 2003: 41.6"

4. February 1969: 41.3"

5. January 1996: 39.8"

6. March 1993: 38.9"

7. January 2011: 38.3"

8. February 1994: 36.2"

9. January 1978: 35.9"

10. January 1904: 35.4"

For perspective, beginning with 1891-92, 22 of 121 (18%) previous winters had 61.5" or more seasonal snowfall.

Depends on your expectations. If you're comparing to normal climo, we Certainly weren't living the dream that year. But winter was salvaged imo with a couple of warning level storms and some other nickel + dimes, frozen parking lots/sidewalks for several weeks.

BOS finished with 17 inches thanks to a swfe that dumped 8 before taint in the second half of march. Sucked.

2006-2007 was a decent comeback in interior SNE...ORH had 5.0" through January 31st...lowest on record. Finished with 49.7" after putting up 44.7" after Feb 1st. That's a pretty good turnaround.

BOS-PVD and southeastward never really got off the mat...they merely avoided futility.

2006-2007 was a decent comeback in interior SNE...ORH had 5.0" through January 31st...lowest on record. Finished with 49.7" after putting up 44.7" after Feb 1st. That's a pretty good turnaround.

BOS-PVD and southeastward never really got off the mat...they merely avoided futility.

I remember that. We had that epic week where it snowed everyday

February and March 2007 were solid snow months, right about my avg but cold so it was retained. Then April brought a big dump on 4-5, another warning-level event on 12-13, then the Patriots Day nor'easter. Top of the "Loaf is rumored to have gotten 5 feet from that one (I had 5" snow and 5" cold rain), and probably topped 100" for the month, easily.

The flippancy towards my posts earlier in the thread wasn't appreciated. Ceryain people think they know everything and feel they have to make others look smaller. You know who you are.

First of all, I apologize if my posts felt insulting.

Secondly, the temperature turn around in 2007 was unreal! So it was a great turn around for that reason. Coastal plain snow never got going unfortunately hence my overall bad taste for that winter.

Archived