• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Comebacks

HoarfrostHubb

First of all, I apologize if my posts felt insulting.

Secondly, the temperature turn around in 2007 was unreal! So it was a great turn around for that reason. Coastal plain snow never got going unfortunately hence my overall bad taste for that winter.

Thanks for the kind post and PM And again apology accepted. It's hard for me to post numbers and maps because I'm usually mobile so my statements can easily get mis-interpreted. I lived just inside of 128 at the time and remember that VD storm as being a pretty damn good one with a front end thump, followed by sleet and mid 20's, and then days and days of cold and frozen parking lots, and piles of crap everywhere for quite a while after that.

I'm not a QPF queen which partly explains why I enjoyed the 2nd half of that winter. I'm just looking for a few inches OTG with cold to hold it. That 2nd half technically was satisfying to me. I can understand why it may not have been satisfactory for you.

, the temperature turn around in 2007 was unreal! So it was a great turn around for that reason. Coastal plain snow never got going unfortunately hence my overall bad taste for that winter.

Greatest overall temp switch I can remember for contrasting one half of winter with the other.  (Greatest month-to-month was Jan-Feb 1981.  CAR went from -4.6 to +14.4.)  My conveniently nearby coop recorded their mildest ever (1893 on) Nov and mildest Dec in 2006 and Jan 1-15, 2007 was running +10 which would've set another record had it continued.  Then the pattern changed and over the next 53 days temps ran about -7 and remained well BN thru early May.  Unlike points to the south, we got loads of snow along with the cold.

Archived