• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obs/Weenie disco thread for SWFE to coastal Feb 2

Damage In Tolland

OKX did, I don't understand it, we are already in widespread warning criteria of 6"+ If this doesn't qualify a warning to still be up I don't know what does. I know we are only expecting another few inches but its still part of the overall storm which they had the area in for 8-12" Now they drop to advisory? Doesn't make all that much sense

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OKX is on crack, there's 3" per hour rates in that band heading right for SECT. No idea what they're thinking but it's a terrible decision, makes the public think that it's done and over and it's safe to go out again when a warning is cancelled when in fact the worst is inbound just in time for the evening commute.

And an average of 12" ish from my measurements but hard to know for sure as facilities has unfortunately been doing a very good job of keeping paved surfaces clear and finally found the spot I was using this morning. I found one spot that looked untouched but it seemed low relative to the area, so I took an average of measurements on the snowpack going down to where I hit the crust from Saturday but that's totally unreliable and as a result it doesn't go to NWS.

Sorry if I missed this.  Jealous beyond belief down here.

314 PM EST MON FEB 2 2015...MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW AND FLASH FREEZE...AT 310 PM...VERY COLD AIR CONTINUED TO PLUNGE SOUTHEASTWARD TOWARDTHE COAST. THE TEMPERATURE HAD DROPPED INTO THE MID TEENS FROMPROVIDENCE TO TAUNTON AND AREAS IN SOUTHERN RHODE ISLAND ANDWESTERN CAPE COD WILL DROP INTO THE TEENS BY 430 PM. ANY SLUSH ORSTANDING WATER WILL RAPIDLY FREEZE CAUSING HAZARDOUS ROAD ANDPAVEMENT CONDITIONS.IN ADDITION MODERATE TO OCCASIONALLY HEAVY SNOW WAS FALLING ACROSSMOST OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND EXCEPT CAPE COD AND THE ISLANDS.UP TO AN INCH AN HOUR CAN BE EXPECTED INTO THE EVENING HOURS.THIS MEANS THAT SOME AREAS COULD RECEIVE ANOTHER 3 TO 5 INCHES OFSNOW. THIS WILL BRING STORM TOTALS CLOSER TO 15 TO 18 INCHES ACROSSPORTIONS OF MASSACHUSETTS FROM THE MASS PIKE NORTHWARD WITH LOCAL20 INCH AMOUNTS POSSIBLE.MOTORISTS AND PEDESTRIANS ARE URGED TO SLOW DOWN AND USE EXTREMECAUTION THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING DUE TO REDUCED VISIBILITIES ANDTHE FLASH FREEZE CONDITIONS.

OKX is on crack, there's 3" per hour rates in that band heading right for SECT. No idea what they're thinking but it's a terrible decision, makes the public think that it's done and over and it's safe to go out again when a warning is cancelled when in fact the worst is inbound just in time for the evening commute.

Terrible decision I agree. Has it become standard practice to issue a warning then when we reach criteria drop it to an advisory for the rest of the event? I've seen this happen more than once. This is an extremely dangerous situation and its about to be evening "rush" with 3"/hr rates smh.

This is some of the heaviest snow I've seen in some time. Barely able to see up the street from my apartment.

This band is welcome to stay as long as it likes. My neighbor began trying to shovel at 1, and has flipped the bird to the plows that just blocked some of her efforts.

What a day to be alive.

Over a foot here in Hingham and pouring snow.  I personally have found the visibility to be overall worse today than during the blizzard. The snow banks and piles are purely epic.

I was just at derby street and then headed back to hull. Along the beach in the open area visibility was literally non existent. My girlfriend had a panic attack due to the conditions.

I really think this storm was under-forecasted. Conditions are insane.

Archived