• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

The word Malfunction made me think of this song. 

"Maybe I am better off just talking to a wall"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dfr8YcAnCU

Classic hardcore and one of the best songs to cover!

I just don't get what his malfunction is. I said I was wrong, I explained why I said what I said. He does this every year and always tries to start something with me. OK, fine...but just come out with what the problem is already instead of doing all this passive aggressive crap year after year. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, you couldn't let it go could you, and I am passive aggressive. You do this crap every year, spouting stuff that's wrong and then not letting it go. I love how people instantly can't wait to tell you the model run sucks for your backyard. We know it sucks for RDU for pretty much every model run, places like CLT to GSO continue to clean up. Enjoy your events, we don't need you cheering for RDU bust, those happen with ease.

alright you two have said your peace. let's drop it.

Anyone else getting weird vibes for this storm?  I know last year I was ecstatic leading up to the storm with turned into much disappointment.  I'm just having a hard time getting a feeling for this one, maybe it's the lack of sleep.

I'm very leery of this storm....surface temps are very marginal and I do not like them even in NC.  I'm hopeful the short range models trend colder and a bit of wedging shows itself. 

The other thing that's not talked about is how fast this sucker is moving.  I think it'll be in and out in 6-8 hours.  Again though if temps do hold I think ENC gets the jackpot as the storm turns the corner north. 

I'm at work and the graphics are blocked from the computer I'm on so I can't see the models. What time is tomorrows/Thursdays event supposed to begin? The doctors are wondering if they need to start putting a plan in place or if it's beginning after closing hours. If this has already been answered, just call me a moron.

Yes! What's your feelings for our area? This "might" be the one time I could do a little better than you being to the south.

I guess 3-6" is probably reasonable. Maybe 4-8". You will probably do a little better than me.

Nic, looks like this should begin after dark for us. Nice nighttime storm, which is critical for getting accumulations this time of year.

I guess 3-6" is probably reasonable. Maybe 4-8". You will probably do a little better than me.

Nic, looks like this should begin after dark for us. Nice nighttime storm, which is critical for getting accumulations this time of year.

Thank you James! I'll pass along the info. Our after hours clinic is 5-7 so they may want to close early just as a precaution.

Thank you James! I'll pass along the info. Our after hours clinic is 5-7 so they may want to close early just as a precaution.

Well, the 12z NAM has it hitting us sometime between 00z and 03z tomorrow night, which is 7 to 10 PM, IIRC. Of course, you can never discount lighter overrunning precip out ahead of it and there's still plenty of time for the timing to change.

Archived