CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still hesitant to buy into the upcoming storm. Just way too many things are not setting up well.

Regardless, I have watched it snow all day and have 2" on the ground. And it snowing moderately now. It has been a good day.

The little bit of snow I got is now largely melted in the non-shaded areas (even with overcast conditions all day and mid-20s).  Fab Feb sun angle FTL.

The little bit of snow I got is now largely melted in the non-shaded areas (even with overcast conditions all day and mid-20s).  Fab Feb sun angle FTL.

Sittin here with 3 inches on the ground and the sun going down and the roads are flash freezing and becoming snow/sleet covered. 

i'm walking towards the cliff for the next storm as these little shifts NW have me concerned that we end up just south of the snow here. At least today over performed here.

I am still hesitant to buy into the upcoming storm. Just way too many things are not setting up well.

Regardless, I have watched it snow all day and have 2" on the ground. And it snowing moderately now. It has been a good day.

Yeah, CLT snow stopped around 9 am.  It was nice little surprise though. 

Agreed on tomorrow.  Bad feeling about it. Trends were not good today either.

I'm trying to make the best of a terrible situation: I told a coworker that if we see any snow here, tomorrow, south of Atlanta (10 miles from downtown) that I would buy his lunch on Thursday. so far, I'm going to win this one handily.

You're no fun.  I'd have offered - a steak dinner atop a server... after a bottle of Jack.  And... the next day off!

Is it wrong the PBP thread is now kind of making me hope it ends up rain. FFS the amount of cliff diving is incredible. Some people could have it be 4 degrees and the storm of the century and you would think it's 80 and sunshine outside. This is what we've been begging for all winter. This setup. Begging for it. When it showed up on models we all hoped and prayed it would be there...then it would leave. Now we have it and it's non stop bitching. Gotta love it. 

Is it wrong the PBP thread is now kind of making me hope it ends up rain. FFS the amount of cliff diving is incredible. Some people could have it be 4 degrees and the storm of the century and you would think it's 80 and sunshine outside. This is what we've been begging for all winter. This setup. Begging for it. When it showed up on models we all hoped and prayed it would be there...then it would leave. Now we have it and it's non stop bitching. Gotta love it.

Haha! This made me lol big!

Go look at the Feb. storm thread last year. Same issue, models were showing warmer temps than this one is at 850 and thickness....we ended up with like 4 inches even out of that which BTW was not nearly as robust with QPF. Then we got hit with that low passing by us when temps were supposed to be too warm aloft cause everything switched to ZR. Dynamics happen, they work. We have enough cold air in place. All levels are either just cold enough or borderline to where heavy rates will overcome. It's happening people. Now just observe and enjoy you're freaking snow storm you've been waiting all year for. 

On top of that, the core of the "IMBY" posts are yet to come.  It should get quite interesting in there through 12z tomorrow runs.

Archived