CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a joke of a winter for CAE. I am ready for spring so I can stop wishing we'd see snow. I am N of I-20 between Irmo and Chapin and while folks 30 minutes to my north will see 4-8 inches I will see yet another cold rain. Congrats to everyone. Besides those of you in CAE like me. What a waste of one of the coldest winters I remember. Not a thing to show for it.

I agree.  Latitude-wise, we're about in the same location (I'm in the Blythewood area).  I thought we might've had an opportunity to see an inch or two.  Two or three days ago, it was looking a bit too good for us, and I never really bought into it.  I had a feeling it wouldn't materialize, and on cue, my beliefs came to fruition.  

A real crappy winter for our area.   

Part of me thinks thinks this low stays closed off longer than being modeled by the euro/gfs/canadian.  If it does it could end up being closer to the NAM.  I know in the past these things have held together longer than modeled.  I think that is why Robert is leaning towards the NAM.  The question is will it be as extreme as the NAM is showing?

Is the SREF really that bad? Maybe I have not been paying attention over the years, or maybe it is because it is getting talked about so much. But seems like, those that would know, think it is a pile of crap.

I think Jon posted the question about research about the SREF in the main thread. 

It would also be nice if, someone that most likely already has these, would give us some links to research articles (peer reviewed) (or a database) on individual models.. Or is this also a carp shoot. 

In my line of work, I can get you direct full PDF articles on topics. Just wondering if our Met crew can do the same for us. 

Thanks in advance folks...

Now, lets reel this SOB in  :)

Is the SREF really that bad? Maybe I have not been paying attention over the years, or maybe it is because it is getting talked about so much. But seems like, those that would know, think it is a pile of crap.

I think Jon posted the question about research about the SREF in the main thread.

It would also be nice if, someone that most likely already has these, would give us some links to research articles (peer reviewed) (or a database) on individual models.. Or is this also a carp shoot.

In my line of work, I can get you direct full PDF articles on topics. Just wondering if our Met crew can do the same for us.

Thanks in advance folks...

Now, lets reel this SOB in :)

it hasn't been too bad at close range with past events. Gsp has used it for years in their discussions.

Just for the sake of fun for us Upstate SC members....I'm going to give my "in your backyard" call map...I actually printed a map...but didn't like it. So just visualize it, if you will!

NorthWest Mountains, which include areas like Mountain Rest, Jocassee, Table Rock, Caesars Head - 8"

Wahalla, Keowee, Pickens, Travelers Rest, Landrum - 7"

Fair Play, Townville, Clemson, Easley, Metro Greenville, Taylors, Greer, Spartanburg, Boling Springs, Gaffney - 6"

Hartwell, Anderson, Piedmont, Mauldin, Simpsonville, Moore, Clover - 5"    

Belton, Fountain Inn, Woodruff, York, Lake Wylie - Up to 4"

Honea Path, Ware Shoals, Laurens, Gray Court, Clinton, Union, Rock Hill - Up to 3"

This is just for fun based on forecasts.....no clue

So now we have all the cliff diving. I can't wait until tomorrow when it's snowing in GA and people in NC are saying, "I knew this would be a bust I have returns over me and it's rain/nothing happening the dry air will eat up all of my totals!!!!!"...only for it to switch over and they end up with 7 inches. Happens every freaking year. 

The amount of wishcasting and disinformation is freakin' crazy today!

I guess a weather model will always suck unless it shows something really good.  If it trends bad, throw it away because it has been horrible.  Use it as gospel if it has a nice event though.  Seriously, just two days ago the SREF was amazing and "look at the snowfall probability and the QPF" etc etc.  Now it's horrible and a joke.

Archived