joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just my take on it. This is going to be the storm of busts and overperformers. Overperformers are those in the heavy band that will set up and will be cold enough for snow. Busters will be on or south of the rain/snow line. There will be people who will be angry and their will be people that are thrilled.  NAM says CLT might be sad, who knows. Im sure this storm is going to be full of surprises seeing as i have never seen a "snow map" verify completely. 

Buckle up and enjoy the roller coaster yall! 

Depending on overrunning to score big here pack?  Maybe Charlotte but doubtful Raleigh.  We have to have the coastal, just not too wound up or too close.

We could just miss on both or hit both. The models never do well with how far north the over running gets. I remember last Feb that saved us. The coastal could have a nasty deform band, whoever gets that will clean up.

I'm wondering how much temperatures are going to rise tonight, not that it really matters much here around CAE. Why forecasters are projecting a drop by a few degrees tonight boggles the mind. Clouds aren't going anywhere and humidity levels are 95%+. I don't think anybody is going to see any sun tomorrow either, so I can't imagine a slight shift to a 3 mph ESE wind is going to drive temps up to the 40s for everyone either.

We shall see.

Archived