joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look to ATL tomorrow if it is seeing snow you're money. If the rain line is further north then it might be time to worry. Tons of dynamics with this storm and models will not pick them up perfectly. Once we get under heavy returns it'll be all snow. 

Yeah maybe I'm just being paranoid based on what has happened to me in the past.  Hoping it's just day before jitters.

We had the first over performer in years here in Raleigh today, we beat Roy in the dome, and tomorrow is trending wetter from what I've seen

I don't know what happened, but it seems like we're getting lucky for once.

Ain't that the truth! Now if we could just trend colder than expected, more people will get involved.

Ain't that the truth! Now if we could just trend colder than expected, more people will get involved.

Amen. Wilmington got screwed once again today, sounds like the only county in NC not to get accumulating snow. My mother said we only had some sleet and about .2 inches of ice at the house. Just once I'd like to see a storm where both those places are happy.

Found it rather curious that Fish did not even mention possible accumulation amounts for tomorrow night.

Just saw your post after I said the same thing in the pbp thread.  Really didn't occur to me until I thought about it after his broadcast.  Almost odd.

I think we do need to expect mixing in the Triangle, possibly with rain. That's pretty much a given now. I don't buy no accumulation. It's going to be a nighttime storm and all the models, even the warm SREF, get us at or below freezing during most of the precip. I think it's hard to argue that we'll get non-accumulating snow from this. I understand the skepticism and conservatism, and if this were a daytime storm, I'd say forget about it. This is not that.

To be honest, I'm surprised WRAL is doing this after missing this morning's event. You'd think they'd want to be on top of things. Maybe they are trying to show that they aren't going to be reactive.

And yet we still have some folks on this board that listen to him like it's the gospel. Like I've said all day, WRAL should be sued for public endangerment. Biggest joke in NC

They're potentially making a bad call tonight. That doesn't mean that Greg is a bad met. Let's not be ridiculous here.

Archived