SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's fine.  I won't mention it anymore.  Just saying that is the primary outlet (tv info) for millions of people.  Most people don't read models and/or this site.

Back to the forecast models.

I think we can talk about it in the banter thread, talk about whatever we want here...

Did the damn Heels play that bad, really?  Was that just a nightmare?  Sheesh, still has me boiling this morning.  It's not like State played well... they shot 35%. and still managed to win by double digits on the road... smh

That game was about as bad as the Iowa game earlier this year.  When the Heels stink, they really stink.  Bi-polar team if I've ever seen one. Roy, if you want to get onto the fans about showing up, you might want to make sure your team shows up, but maybe thats just me.  Rant done. 

I heard ground temps were going to be too warm too... :axe: They need to tell that to the 2 inches of snow sitting on the grass

An 1", really?  They really think there is a chance that Raleigh only get's 1"....or is that for the entire viewing area, I could see making that argument for SE NC.

WRAL has been awful. They were awful with the snow we had yesterday, saying it developed overnight, like there was no chance of it happening until then. The models were showing up to 2 inches of snow all day Monday. And I don't know if they just use their in-house model or they are so scared of busting, but to give a range of 1 to 8 inches is not a forecast. It's called covering your butt. They can increase it when  the event unfolds, and if it totally busts and goes against what all the models are showing now, they can still say they were right either way. It really is a way of just them saving face no matter what happens, but it is chicken crap to forecast that way. 

Did the damn Heels play that bad, really?  Was that just a nightmare?  Sheesh, still has me boiling this morning.  It's not like State played well... they shot 35%. and still managed to win by double digits on the road... smh

That game was about as bad as the Iowa game earlier this year.  When the Heels stink, they really stink.  Bi-polar team if I've ever seen one. Roy, if you want to get onto the fans about showing up, you might want to make sure your team shows up, but maybe thats just me.  Rant done. 

They were awful. Give credit to State for doing what they needed to do to win, but Carolina made it pretty easy for them. The Carolina players seem like a bunch of good guys, but they are one of the most irritating and frustrating teams I have ever seen. Roy needs to get some smart players who can shoot and know what it takes to win games. 

Maybe even institute a reading requirement.  Desperate times call for desperate measures

"Every team does it"

"The players don't have enough time" 

Every UNC fan says this when these egregious infractions are brought to light and then they go on and talk about their "class" and their storied tradition. Makes me sick

"winter precip (mainly giant sleet pingers) seems to be winning out for me. Folks upstream...these are giant sleet pellets....your snowflake size might be giant up north!"

Waiting for a video showing one crushing a Mini Cooper.

Wow.  I take it all back.  That is one hell of a pellet.

medium800.jpg

Archived