mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You add so much here.

What da fuq do you add??

Another zwyts/snow/WestminsterDeathband gym:

"Are you a giver or a taker"

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/43048-as-this-storm-approaches-be-honest-with-yourself-and-decide-whether-you-are-a-giver-or-a-taker/

If your main role in this forum is simply to ask questions and make requests of people, then please limit your posting and just read.  Usually your questions will get answered somewhere.  You may have to browse a bit and use your brain.  If you have something to contribute, then do so, but think before you make a post demanding the time and effort of other people.  A forum is best when people contribute something.

:lol:

Crazy temperature gradient. Not gonna happen though. It was shop to be almost 90 Monday , now the GFS barely gets us to 70. Also I doubt that snow on the backside of the front is going to happen.

Why won't the backside frozen not happen? I've seen hundreds of events like this. Strong arctic front , runs into SE ridge. Front gets hung up , Little rock and Memphis and Nasheville , are in the low 20s , while ATL and into the Carolinas are in the 6&s

Hey Mack,

Any word on whether or not JB will be participating in the conference call for the upstate's little event that could or couldn't? When is the big call expected to take place?

He's currently busy watching the Sunday /Mon event for Boston. He wants to be there to witness the history unfold! I think they are about 5 or so inches from the all time record, so he can say he predicted it, and get a few more subscribers! I think I might have Kendra Kent lined up, our local met who said the snow flakes were too big to accumulate, why we busted on the last storm

I had hoped that this winter storm naming thing would be just limited to TWC. I just saw a duke power FB post about reporting power outages and they seem to be using it as well. Somehow that is depressing...

Sent from my iPad

If you can't beat em', join em'.

SE FORUM WINTER STORM NAMES, 2015-16

Almost

Bypass

Close

Disappointment

Evasive

Flurry

Glop

Hopeless

Illusion

Joke

Killjoy

Languid

Miss

Notional

Oz

Puny

Quixotic

Ridge

Supress

Torpid

Useless

Vapid

Woebegone

Xeric

Yawn

Zephyr

Our NWS never said anything about rain here today. They just mentioned coastal areas getting Nor easter conditions. The past 3 discussions never once mentioned inland areas or anything about rain being inland. I look outside and it's heavy rain and 49. And all the rain is inland instead of at the coast. :rolleyes: There was no rain in the forecast last night either.

That is a lot different than what they had yesterday for Thursday. I think they had the high at 60 after the mid 60 on Wednesday. Still doesn't seem cold enough for anything here, but then again we're talking about a chance of some wintry mix here tomorrow, and that didn't look likely 24 hours ago.

God help us all. Bruh, the thread was created over 24 hours ago. You have a subscription to Wxbell, Americanwx,and accuwx and you didn't know you were going to see freezing rain and sleet tomorrow.

Why won't the backside frozen not happen? I've seen hundreds of events like this. Strong arctic front , runs into SE ridge. Front gets hung up , Little rock and Memphis and Nasheville , are in the low 20s , while ATL and into the Carolinas are in the 6&s

Actually it will happen. Two reason! All the models are showing it currently,and I get no frozen precipitation! It just stops for some reason. The cold front just loses all its umph as it gets here.

BTW where is Webber? He nailed February. He was saying all winter this would be the month for y'all to get snow. So far February has been record cold across a lot of the East Coast except here and FL and lots of wintry weather except here and FL.

Archived