• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
As this storm approaches be honest with yourself and decide whether you are a giver or a taker?

Deck Pic

If your main role in this forum is simply to ask questions and make requests of people, then please limit your posting and just read.  Usually your questions will get answered somewhere.  You may have to browse a bit and use your brain.  If you have something to contribute, then do so, but think before you make a post demanding the time and effort of other people.  A forum is best when people contribute something.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd also add that people should be less douchey in general. Not everyone has been doing this forever.. we all started as n00bs. All of a sudden someone like fozz is calling everyone out all the time when he was just as bad in the past. 

I'd also add that people should be less douchey in general. Not everyone has been doing this forever.. we all started as n00bs. All of a sudden someone like fozz is calling everyone out all the time when he was just as bad in the past. 

not sure why you're singling me out but I'll try to tone it down.

+1000 i used to know squat and am still pretty bad in relation to you guys.

not sure why you're singling me out but I'll try to tone it down.

You just seem to be taking yourself extra seriously here lately.. from bashing CWG to other things. I guess it's because you're in grad school now?  I honestly don't get why people can't make stupid comments here and there as long as they aren't intentionally trolling etc.  There is a wide range of people posting here, not everyone is as advanced etc.. and we were all newbie weenies at some point.  

yes, but people need to limit their constant requests.  Especially when they are answered or discussed already...I was a n00b once too, yet I browsed for nearly a year before I ever posted.  Some of the smartest people are browsers and use common sense.  It seems that the ones who like to post constantly aren't some of the better one.  There is nothing wrong with lurking.  Or at least trying to make a contributory post for every 1-2 posts you dont contribute anything.  I got really burnt out before the 2/13 event, and I am not blaming anyone but myself, but part of the reason was the constant tugging at my shirt sleeve asking "Are we there yet?"

yes, but people need to limit their constant requests.  Especially when they are answered or discussed already...I was a n00b once too, yet I browsed for nearly a year before I ever posted.  Some of the smartest people are browsers and use common sense.  It seems that the ones who like to post constantly aren't some of the better one.  There is nothing wrong with lurking.  Or at least trying to make a contributory post for every 1-2 posts you dont contribute anything.  I got really burnt out before the 2/13 event, and I am not blaming anyone but myself, but part of the reason was the constant tugging at my shirt sleeve asking "Are we there yet?"

I agree.. tho I think sometimes people are unnecessarily harsh to people who are just interested in learning and don't know the protocol.  I suppose it's worth reminding people that reading is often the way to learn rather than asking a lot of IMBY questions.  I get irked when someone makes a bad post that could otherwise just be ignored but then has a page of discussion about what a bad post it was... to me that's worse.  But maybe I'm nuts. 

You just seem to be taking yourself extra seriously here lately.. from bashing CWG to other things. I guess it's because you're in grad school now?  I honestly don't get why people can't make stupid comments here and there as long as they aren't intentionally trolling etc.  There is a wide range of people posting here, not everyone is as advanced etc.. and we were all newbie weenies at some point.  

possibly... I think it's a combo of coming across AGW denial, stupid amateur weenies on fb, and other kinds of bull**** which is all getting to me. I should be a bit more civil and not turn into what I once hated.

As for CWG, I think they're a great source of weather information overall, better than any other source specific to the mid-Atlantic, and my issues with their messaging are pretty minor compared to all the good that they do.

possibly... I think it's a combo of coming across AGW denial, stupid amateur weenies on fb, and other kinds of bull**** which is all getting to me. I should be a bit more civil and not turn into what I once hated.

As for CWG, I think they're a great source of weather information overall, better than any other source that can be found in the mid-Atlantic, and my issues with their messaging are pretty minor compared to all the good that they do.

Fair enough. You're a good poster for the most part. I just think we all need to remember where we came from.  I was never a super annoying weenie though I bet if I was a teenager today I'd have a FB page that was filled with snowmaps etc.  

I like answering questions when I can. Especially the more intellectual ones as opposed to how much for mby @ d4 kinda stuff. The new guy weatherCCB has the right approach to asking stuff. If he sticks around he could learn quite a bit pretty fast. Some people always ask the same questions over and over though. For years. 

I was bad when I first joined eastern so I quickly took it upon myself to learn as much as possible as fast as possible. It was a lot of work tbh but it was a nice hobby for winters when I don't mind spending free time this way. I do too much outdoor stuff spring/summer. I may never get a good handle on severe. 

I try to contribute prior to storms as I find myself learning more by doing a mix of 75/25 reading to posting.  I haven't contributed anything for this storm as I haven't really been tracking it yet.  Now that we're within 100 hours, I'll track this one closely and try to contribute to the discussion.  Others know way more than me so I generally know when to back away and read versus when to post....I think..

I love learning from you guys, so I don't intend to post much. I had been lurking as a guest for over a year, but finally found the guts to try and participate a bit. I'll go back to lurking if you think I should.

No you are the type of poster we need....This thread isn't meant to discourage newer posters from posting....It is meant to discourage bad posters from posting

As a long time lurker and reader of this board I have learned how interpret the interpetation of others... lol, and  I find that there are rarely any "stones left unturned" in the analysis threads. Complete up to date mid and short range forecasts can generally be gleened from the several competent posters in the analysis threads. I am very grateful for the time that so many of you give to make this forum awesome...so thanks, and here is to one more fun ride...Cheers

i've always thought the most annoying posters are the ones that have something snarky to say about someone's post.  to me it indicates that they need to take a breather from the online life if they let posts like that get to them.

i've never added anyone to an ignore list.  as long as someone isn't up in my face or should i say, profile (for forum life), then i just scroll on past.

This board used to be much more informative with plenty of maps and analysis.  It appears that much more information is now protected by pay sites and perhaps can't be copied here.

I'm happy to read and not ask questions, but it is more and more difficult to find relevant information.  

You have boards for banter, but the main threads are littered with banter, primarily from those of you with 10,000+ posts.

As a public schools operations officer, I need relevant and timely information, and I'm finding this board much less useful - especially this year. 

This board used to be much more informative with plenty of maps and analysis.  It appears that much more information is now protected by pay sites and perhaps can't be copied here.

I'm happy to read and not ask questions, but it is more and more difficult to find relevant information.  

You have boards for banter, but the main threads are littered with banter, primarily from those of you with 10,000+ posts.

As a public schools operations officer, I need relevant and timely information, and I'm finding this board much less useful - especially this year. 

I think since 2011 or so, our forum collectively decided to stop posting maps of model runs being discussed, since it was assumed that everyone can easily access them. I never agreed with that and always liked seeing interesting panels being posted in the discussions (mostly NAM/GFS runs from NCEP), and it sort of helped me get the hang of models.

But that isn't the way it works anymore, and I knew this change wouldn't be very good for newbies or those who aren't as familiar with weather models.

Archived